Manufacturing Engineering Manager 1
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 15, 2023
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
DescriptionAn organization within Northrop Grumman's Payload and
Ground Systems (PGS) division, Spacecraft Components is a leading
designer, producer, and supplier of spacecraft components that
power and enable satellites of all classes. Products include
spacecraft panels, bus structures, precision optical structures,
deployable structural systems and mechanisms, solar arrays, and
antenna reflectors. Our products are on virtually every U.S.
satellite built in the last 20 years.Learn more about Spacecraft
Components at our website:
Payload and Ground Systems is looking to add a Manufacturing
Engineering Supervisor Level 1 to the Deployables team. This role
will be managing the functional activities of Manufacturing
Engineers at the site in Goleta, CA. Key Responsibilities:
- Design manufacturing processes, procedures and production
layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing,
machining and material handling.
- Design arrangement of machines within plant facilities to
ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Design sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the
fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect
- Adapt machine or equipment design to factory and production
- Incorporate inspection and test requirements into the
- Inspect performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to
verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective
action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to
statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with
- Provide guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and
specification requirements to best utilize equipment and
- Manage the functional activities of Manufacturing
- In addition to functional Section Manager duties, will perform
IPT engineering tasks, which will comprise most of the statement of
- Note: Internal candidates aligned to Vehicle Engineering will
typically continue to perform their existing IPT engineering
- Process oversight, participation in the performance review
process, management of personnel records and participation in
corrective or disciplinary actions.
- Staffing responsibilities may include hiring, recruiting of
personnel, and working to ensure that engineers with the
appropriate skills and experience are deployed.
- Mentor, provide career guidance and coaching, and leading
- Use excellent verbal and written communication skills. Basic
- 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 3
years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 0 years of
relevant experience with a PhD; an additional 4 years of experience
may be considered in lieu of degree
- Must be willing and able to travel to other Northrop Grumman
and/or customer sites as needed.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated technical leadership and management
- At least 5 years of applicable Engineering Manufacturing
experience on space hardware.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively
interact with the customer and program management.
- Proficiency with MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- Experience managing people preferred " Salary Range: $101,800
USD - $152,800 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary
bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to
reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share
in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director
positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition,
Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health
insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan,
Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or
personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their
families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to
remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop
Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated
or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation,
pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the
currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive
Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/
.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Santa Barbara , Manufacturing Engineering Manager 1, Executive , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...