Director - Guest Reception - Front Office
Company: Hotel Californian
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Hotel Californian fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and
energetic work environment. We value passionate people who love to
be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall
success of the hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that
values family, work-life balance, and community. We help develop
our teams and provide support for them to grow their careers with
our organization. Our Talent is proud to work here.
The Director of Guest Reception is responsible for overseeing the
effectiveness of the Guest Reception and Concierge as it relates to
operations at the hotel, as well, support Hotel Operations as
needed. The Director of Guest Reception will be responsible for the
general oversight of the hotel operations with focus on Guest
Reception including the Concierge, Front Drive, Valet, Parking and
PBX, ensuring a high level of personalized service is delivered to
- Liaise with guests, patrons, colleagues, and vendors,
strengthening relationships with department heads while ensuring
the provision of superior service levels for all amenities and
- Handle inquiries and opportunities in a timely and proactive
manner, ensuring follow through and resolution.
- Maintain preparedness and initiate emergency procedures in
collaboration with Security to protect all individuals and assets
- Lead and oversee the general administration of the Front Drive,
Front Desk, Concierge and PBX.
- Lead and execute the Guest Relations process at the hotel,
personally welcoming guest inclusive of those with VIP
- Conferring recognition of guests by gathering preference
information and developing personal knowledge thereof, encouraging
feedback and assisting with any special requests guests may have,
disseminating pertinent information to necessary departments, and
documenting information ascertained in guest's profile.
- Personally, review the pre-arrival report; ensuring profiles
are updated to current data entry standards, identifying key guests
to initiate preparations to confer recognition.
- Oversee the daily shift briefing process for incoming
colleagues, ensuring all colleagues on shift are familiar with VIP
guests' in-house/arriving/departing, any significant events on
property, and any other pertinent information
- Assist in the audit of profile data entry standards inter and
intra departmentally, with specific relation to the Front Office,
Concierge and Room Reservations functions.
- Work cohesively in collaboration with the operations
departments to ensure a smooth and opportunity free experience for
all guests and patrons.
- Ensure that all required reports and data are accurate and
submitted on time to relevant hotel offices, recommending and
implementing changes as necessary.
- Participate in all regular and operational meetings, inclusive
but not limited to the Morning Operation's Meeting, Pre-Convention,
and departmental meetings.
- Oversee and coordinate departmental administration inclusive of
payroll and the dissemination of the daily according to hotel
procedures. Oversee labor for the department and ensure completion
of bi-weekly Payroll Reports
- Assist in the coordination, communication and planning for
daily house activity and conference billing requirements inter and
intra departmentally in collaboration with Accounting and Sales
- Perform training functions including development, recognition,
coaching, training, process observation, performance counseling,
and performance review.
- Identify quality improvement trends, implement quality
initiatives and effectively communicate to Senior Management,
making appropriate recommendations to increase patron/guest
satisfaction and bottom line profit generation.
- Monitor rooms' inventory taking corrective action as necessary
in coordination with Rooms Division and Revenue Management. SKILLS
AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, and
- Must have knowledge of basic arithmetic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, high level
of attention to detail.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key departmental
heads, interact and influence others at all levels of the
- Self-confident, proactive and able to prioritize
responsibilities to meet deadlines, enhancing hotel service
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate activities both inter and
intra departmentally, make decisions in the best interest of hotel,
stand for long periods of time, work varying shifts based on
- Computer proficiency not limited to: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to sit at a desk, walk, and stand for up to eight
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, multi-line touch tone phone,
filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office
equipment as needed QUALIFICATION:
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable
accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or
health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change
from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian's business
needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional
and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Foley Entertainment Group, LLC. is an equal employment/affirmative
action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the
employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail
to ...@vegasgoldenknights.com to let us know the nature of your
request. This employer participates in E-Verify
EOE/AA/Disabled/Vets Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. Associated topics:
administrative assistant, administrative coordinator,
administrative staff, assist, beverage, front office, food,
operation, operational assistant, records management
Keywords: Hotel Californian, Santa Barbara , Director - Guest Reception - Front Office, Executive , Summerland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!