Company: Teledyne FLIR LLC
Posted on: September 20, 2022
At Teledyne FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to
develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which
enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives Teledyne
FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue
people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate
safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and
want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Contracts Manager (CM) will serve as a subject matter expert
for commercial contract matters. The CM reviews, prepares, and
negotiates documents necessary to protect the company's contractual
posture with adherence to company policy and applicable laws and
regulations; performs general contract management and
administration responsibilities; provides interpretation of terms
and conditions and advises management of contractual rights and
obligations; and consults with other departments as needed to
ensure the company has preserved its rights, while limiting its
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform functions necessary for all phases of contract
management from cradle to grave, including but not limited to
proposal/bid/business development support, contract/subcontract
formation, pre- and post-award protest, negotiation, contract
execution, administration, change order management, reporting,
termination, and closeout.
- Identify and mitigate risks connected with non-standard
conditions and other party changes in proposed contractual
- Monitor and track contract performance (contract schedules,
deliverables, funding, invoicing, and payments) and proactively
identify and address potential risk areas or other problems that
could have an adverse impact on the company
- Participate in program reviews and contracts-related meetings
with internal and/or external customers
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships, both
internally and externally
- Ensure that contracts and other agreements are managed in
accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws
and regulations, and customer requirements.
- Review and prepare various business agreements, documentation,
correspondence, forms, and reports which may be required to support
business development activities, solicitations, contract awards,
and related activities.
- Maintain contract files and records, manage archive records,
and maintain contract information in various databases and ERP
- Participate in the resolution of contract disputes, audits, and
other post-award and contract matters; and perform other duties as
assigned by management.
- BA/BS degree, MBA, or related field with 5+ years of experience
in Contract Management & Negotiation in the high-technology,
government, aerospace, commercial and international
- Ability to communicate effectively and must have strong written
and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of UCC and contract principles specific to the award
and management of commercial contracts.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to review and manage
high volume of contract files, correspondence, and maintain
information in electronic databases.
- Strong time management skills with ability to work well under
pressure, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Self-motivated and good level of focus and concentration;
ability to follow-through and complete tasks on time.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential and
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills with advanced working knowledge of
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Some limited travel may be required to support business
development, internal meetings, and contracting activities.
Teledyne FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting
business with the highest ethical standards. We require all
employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules
and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and
high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making
innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Teledyne FLIR LLC, Santa Barbara , Contracts Manager, Executive , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!