Legacy Giving Manager
Company: SANTA BARBARA MUSEUM OF NATURA
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Summary: The Legacy Giving Manager develops and maintains
a portfolio of legacy giving donors and prospects, conducts
prospect research and analysis, in collaboration with the marketing
division, develops and implements marketing plans, makes
face-to-face asks, and provides stewardship for existing legacy
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit current and prospective legacy
giving donors through face-to face visits, calls, emails, and
- Develop a portfolio of planned gift prospects from the donor
- Manage Charitable Gift Annuity program.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports as necessary.
- Steward existing members of the Mission Creek Legacy Society,
our legacy giving recognition society, to confirm and increase
their commitments to the Museum.
- Collaborate with the President & CEO, the Director of
Development, and other development staff to advance fundraising
- Work with the marketing team to create a marketing plan and
- Write a monthly legacy giving e-newsletter, in collaboration
with the marketing team. Provide timely updates to the planned
giving web site, as needed.
- Network with other organizations to provide benchmarking and
- Plan, implement, and monitor annual goals, growth, and
- Work with the Development Assistant to input donor information
and contacts and develop a database tracking system to monitor
prospect management and stewardship efforts.
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars, and special training
sessions (when appropriate and within the budgetary
- Monitor professional literature to remain current in the legacy
Additional Office Functions:
- Attends volunteer and staff meetings, as needed or as
- Attends Museum events, as needed or as assigned
- Attends Development Committee meetings of the Board of
Trustees, as needed or as assigned
- Utilizes Raisers Edge database, spreadsheets, and written
documents to produce standard and ad hoc reports which are used to
chart progress to goals and for planning
- Works with other members of the fund-raising team to create and
implement annual plan to reach targeted fund raising goals
- Provides additional management support to the Museum's
development efforts, represents the Museum at conferences and
events, and performs other duties as assigned by the Director of
- Maintain confidentiality of donor information
- Periodically supports the daily operations of the Museum if
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Museum's programs and
priorities, takes responsibility to stay informed about happenings
at the Museum and Sea Center, such as reading staff communications
and attending meetings.
- Ensures the Museum's presentation standards for cleanliness and
maintenance are met by keeping work areas clean, picking up trash,
reporting unsafe or unsightly conditions.
- Maintains a clean neat appearance and adheres to the Museum's
uniform dress code.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external
- Working knowledge of estate planning strategies and tax
treatments (e.g. trusts, charitable gift annuities, and life
- Working knowledge of major giving strategies
- Passion for the Museum's mission
- Communication skills: proven ability to communicate effectively
in writing and in person
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to appropriately manage
sensitive and confidential information
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be available
for contact by cell phone
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others in an
efficient and effective manner.
- Team oriented. Ability to energize, motivate and support staff
with open communication, trust, and respect in a collaborative
- Ability to handle stress professionally and to maintain
composure. Ability to accept criticism graciously, deal calmly and
effectively in high stress situations, keep emotions in check, and
avoid aggressive behavior.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Requires the ability to access all areas of the
- Ability to carry up to 10 lbs.
- Requires flexible schedule, including some weekends, holidays,
- Ability to use: Personal computer and software (Microsoft
Office and Outlook, etc.), two-way radio, standard office
equipment; telephone, copier, printer, scanner, AV equipment, and
various event equipment.
Keywords: SANTA BARBARA MUSEUM OF NATURA, Santa Barbara , Legacy Giving Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!