Territory Sales Manager - Asylum Research/ Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) - Western US
Company: Oxford Instruments
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Select how often (in
days) to receive an alert: Date: - May 21, 2022 Location: - Santa
Barbara, CA, US Job Function: - Technical Business Unit: - Asylum
Research At Oxford Instruments, we enable the world's leading
industrial companies and scientific research communities to image,
analyse and manipulate materials down to the atomic and molecular
level. Using Atomic Force Microscopes from Asylum Research, our
customers can see how cancer cells respond to new treatments,
extend the lifetime and efficiency of renewable energy systems and
lithium-ion batteries, and develop the novel materials required for
quantum computing.At Oxford Instruments, we enable the world's
leading industrial companies and scientific research communities to
image, analyse and manipulate materials down to the atomic and
molecular level. Using Atomic Force Microscopes from Asylum
Research, our customers can see how cancer cells respond to new
treatments, extend the lifetime and efficiency of renewable energy
systems and lithium-ion batteries, and develop the novel materials
required for quantum computing.Asylum Research is looking to hire a
Territory Sales Manager!About the Opportunity: -Asylum Research is
hiring a Territory Sales Manager who will be responsible for all
sales actives in his/her territory -for the -Asylum Research
portfolio and is charged with the responsibility of meeting or
exceeding all assigned Oxford Instruments (OI) Sales Targets. The
TSM will serve as the primary point of contact for existing and
potential new customers as well for Oxford Instruments distributors
(where appropriate) throughout the sales process. This individual
will work closely with the Regional Sales Manager to build
territory action plans which will provide a clear path to sales
success as well as partner with Service, Marketing, Applications,
and numerous other Oxford Business Unit sales reps in this pursuit.
-In addition, the TSM is required to properly manage CRM -ensuring
all required fields are completed, the information is current and
up to date, and sales funnel information (such as close dates and
dollars) is accurate. -The TSM will travel as needed, both within
and outside of the assigned territory - including internationally,
to attend various meetings, trainings, tradeshows, and
- Vigorously focus on hunting activities and the identification
of new sales opportunities.
- Develop a strong working relationship will all distributor
partners in assigned territory.
- Regularly travel to meet with potential and existing customers
as well as participate in installations.
- Actively monitor local industry trends -and competitor activity
to enable proactive development of strategies to exploit
opportunities and circumvent threats.
- Develop strategic relationships with various 3rd party
companies/groups to create new opportunities.
- Prospect various funding agency, government, association, and
customer websites for recently awarded grants and awards.
- Prospect webpages, LinkedIn, associations, etc. to identify
potential new customers.
- Daily updates to the CRM system to ensure all information is
accurate and up to date.
- Ongoing relationship management with existing customers.
- Proactively monitor funnel ensuring ample opportunity exist to
meet sales targets.
- Accurately forecast orders at the specific opportunity and
- Attend various trade shows and conventions as well as internal
and external sales meeting as required.
- Utilize video conferencing, remote demonstrations, etc.
whenever possible to advance opportunities.
- Actively seek out collaboration opportunities with OI Business
Unit sales channels beyond Asylum Research.
- Utilize a value selling sales approach to fully leverage all OI
has to offer to win sales with minimal discounting.
- Maintain expert level technical knowledge for the Asylum
Research portfolio of products.
- Maintain a high degree of collaboration with Application and
Service as well as participate in numerous installations and
- Diligently manage expenses and travel planning to minimize
- Other responsibilities and duties upon request.The
CandidateSuccessful candidates will have:
- Bachelors in the Materials Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, or
other relevant area preferred.
- 3-5 years Sales experience in the scientific space.
- In depth experience of relevant technologies, customers, and
- Ability to travel approximately 75% time, including occasional
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) experience is strongly
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of, and
successful track record in, technical sales.
- Possesses a professional network and toolset enabling immediate
- Experience developing and implementing territory specific sales
strategies to achieve goals.
- Scientific background or knowledge of the scientific
- Extensive experience with CRM platforms. Preferably SAP
- Ability to give sales presentations and share technical
information in an easy to understand format.
- Ability to communicate and operate as a team cross-functionally
with sales, service, Applications, and other departments.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced
environmentBusiness OverviewAsylum is a part of a successful global
company, Oxford Instruments plc, a leading provider of high
technology tools and systems for industry and academic research.
-We provide flexible hours and a competitive salary and benefits
program including medical, dental, vision and 401k. -To apply for
this outstanding opportunity, please attach your resume and cover
letter along with pay expectations, in a single PDF, to your
application.Oxford Instruments Perks and benefits:
- Generous benefit packages - -We offer our -employees
-competitive health insurance options, including Medical, Dental,
- Vision plans. -
- Our 401k program has options for saving both pre- and post-tax
dollars for retirement.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Work-life balance is a key part of our
company culture here at OI, and we know that our employees do
-their best work when they can take the time they need to rest and
recharge. Employees start with 4 weeks of -PTO which is accrued
-each pay period. -
- Holidays - -We recognize 11 holidays this year
- In addition to all the standard PTO options, OI proudly offers
a generous and progressive paid family leave policy.
- Professional Development - OI supports -you and your
-professional -development -with $5,250 -available in -annual
tuition -reimbursement -after 6 months -of service.Oxford
Instruments requires all employees to be fully vaccinated by their
first day of work. The Company will consider requests for medical
or religious accommodation as required by law.Asylum Research, an
Oxford Instruments Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. -All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status. EOE/M/F/D/VNote to recruitment agencies:
Oxford Instruments does not accept agency CV's. Please do not
forward details to our jobs alias, Oxford Instruments employees or
any other company location. Oxford Instruments is not responsible
for any fees related to unsolicited CV'sAll qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or disability.Note to recruitment agencies: Oxford
Instruments operates a Preferred Supplier List, and we do not
accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not forward candidate
details in response to this advert, or to any Oxford Instruments
employees or other company locations. Oxford Instruments is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Barbara
Nearest Secondary Market: Santa Maria
Keywords: Oxford Instruments, Santa Barbara , Territory Sales Manager - Asylum Research/ Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) - Western US, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!