Food and Beverage Manager
Company: Montecito Club
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job SummaryMontecito Club, located in beautiful Santa Barbara,
California, is seeking a highly motivated -Food and Beverage
Manager. -The position is responsible for leading the food and
beverage service staff throughout the club. Ensuring the highest
level of member service and creating a warm and friendly
environment for the members, guests and staff is of the utmost
importance.This position is a great opportunity for someone looking
to forward their career within in the club industry.The Food and
Beverage Manager position is suited for an individual with proven
success in food and beverage management. The Food and Beverage
Manager will be responsible for setting and implementing the Club's
service expectations in all Food and Beverage outlets to include
dining rooms, bar, lounge and outlets. The position reports to the
General Manager and works closely with the Executive Chef to create
and execute Member and Special events.Sample Duties &
- Manages service aspects in all dining areas, continuously
"touching tables" and interacting in a professional and friendly
manner with members and guests.
- -Assures that effective orientation and training for new staff
and professional development activities for experienced staff are
planned and implemented.
- Inspects to ensure that all safety, sanitation, energy
management, preventive maintenance and other standards are
- Assures that all standard operating procedures for revenue and
cost control are in place and consistently utilized.
- Helps plan and approves internal marketing and sales promotion
activities for the food and beverage department.
- Helps plan and approves the organizational chart, staffing and
scheduling procedures and job description and specifications for
all department staff.
- Manages the long-range staffing needs of the department.
- Establishes quantity and quality output standards for personnel
in all positions within the department.
- Ensures that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to
including wage and hour and federal, state and local laws
pertaining to alcoholic beverages; assures that all applicable club
policies and procedures are followed.
- Researches new products and develops an analysis of the cost
and profit benefits.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for food and
- Consults daily with the club house manager, executive chef,
catering director, and other applicable club administrators to help
assure the highest level of member satisfaction.
- Greets members/guests and oversees actual service on a routine,
- Develops on-going professional development and training
programs for food production, service and bar production and
- Addresses member and guest complaints and advises the General
Manager about appropriate corrective actions taken.
- Develops interesting ways of promoting club functions in the
dining room, lounge and other outlets.
- Assists in planning and implementing procedures for special
club events and banquet functions.
- Maintains appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all food and
beverage equipment and facilities.
- Monitors employee dress codes according to policies and
- Manages physical inventory verification and provides updated
information to the accounting department.
- Responsible for the proper accounting and reconciliation of the
point of sale systems and member revenues.
- Maintains records of special events, house counts, food covers
and daily business volumes.
- Ensures that an accurate reservation system is in place.
- Assist with the audits and approval of weekly payroll.
- Complete periodic china, glass, and silverware
- Implement and monitor sanitation and cleaning schedules.
- Responsible for long-range planning for the department in
concert with the club's planning process.
- Establishes and maintains professional business relations with
- Works with the controller to identify and develop operating
reports of interest to the club house manager and for on-going
control of the department.
- Completes other appropriate assignments from the club house
- Experience in resolving customer issues/complaints as well as
overall excellent customer service required
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word and
- Solid time management, organization, and prioritization
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent problem solving/decision making skillsExperience &
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive responsibility in food and
beverage industry required
- A minimum of 2 years of personnel management, preferably in a
private club/golf/hospitality/service industry requiredOther
- Other Benefits Health, Dental and Life insurance, 401K plan,
vacation as outlined in the employee handbook.
Keywords: Montecito Club, Santa Barbara , Food and Beverage Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!