Sr Production Manager
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Company Overview and ValuesWhy work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same
background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the
differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every
employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on
projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a
collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level
of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we
operate as an organization - not just when it's convenient, but in
a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend
here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around
our core PACE values:
People AccountabilityCreativity Excellence
- Position is accountable on a day-to-day basis for the cost
effective and efficient functioning of the Goleta Manufacturing
Operation areas through the management of people, information, and
- Position is responsible for performing to established targets
on all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to Safety,
Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Position also involves responsibility for the planning and
attainment of business objectives with specific emphasis on all
Goleta manufacturing activities are carried out and aligned with
and in compliance with global manufacturing standards.
In this role you will
- Have Operational leadership and planning with respect to
Instrumentation product manufacturing.
- Ensure production methods result in quality products. Assist in
all areas as directed per operational requirements.
- Lead production schedulers to ensure capacity, labor and
production plans in alignment with customer demand to meet lead
- Partner with Procurement and Supply Line Manager to align
production requirements and strategies to material replenishment
- Collaborate with Product Engineering and Product Management to
assure product is manufacturable and satisfies quality and
manufacturing performance standards.
- Reduce customer complaints by consistent emphasizing of quality
in all and every instance
- Management of functions including leading, involving, and
developing team members and subordinates. This also includes
effective management of staff through performance reviews, staff
training, motivation, leadership, and staff wellbeing.
- Resource allocation, utilization and support to production and
processes, with the aim of resolving problems associated with the
product and/or processes and managing the manufacturing of all
Instrumentation products according to requirements. Assists in root
cause and corrective action activities in partnership with Quality
- Ensure the maintenance of appropriate documentation and
ensuring that all manufacturing processes are carried out in
compliance with procedures and regulations.
- Ensure prompt attention of the Manager, Plant Operations in
areas of risk, which might have an adverse effect on product and/or
- Assist trouble-shooting activities in other areas of the
business as required.
- Participate in the Change Management System effectively and to
the best advantages of the business.
- Ensure standards of housekeeping, safety and compliance
standards are met throughout manufacturing and other areas of
- Manage all applicable cost centers to the agreed budget and
prepare effective plans for future budgets. Monitoring and
optimization of business performance through identification and
reduction of cost drivers. Create awareness of cost implications
and avoid waste where possible.
- Foster safety awareness as promotes a safe culture, the
implementation of safe work practices, and involvement in all
safety committee activities ensuring safety of employees and
visitors within the company. Responsible for advising on all
relevant safety issues which could affect the company's operations,
ensuring that the company is both in legal compliance and provides
a safe place of work for employees and with maximum regard to the
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Demonstrated experience with equipment and process
qualification and scale up.
- Experience in SAP preferred.
- 5 or more years' experience in a manufacturing environment,
ideally in a low volume, high mix, highly engineered product
- 5 years or more Management experience.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in an Engineering discipline
(Mechanical or Industrial preferred).
- Exposure to the principles of Business Excellence, i.e., Lean
Manufacturing/Six Sigma or Statistical Process Control,
- Knowledge and experience with volume manufacturing equipment,
metrology and measurement systems.
- Ability to:
- Communicate with all levels of management, external supplier
and direct team.
- Recognize and reward effort.
- Resolve conflict constructively.
- Demonstrate Management competencies to:
- Build talent for the future.
- Drive partnerships across the organization.
- Foster innovation.
- Lead with tenacity and humility.
Your success will be measured by
- The position impact on all Instrumentation manufacturing and
the financial exposure of decisions.
- The position has a scope for decision making within confines of
agreed plant & department annual operating plans and compliance
- Product availability management is critical. With a key focus
on service delivery to customers, (external and internal), the
incumbent must ensure that all operational activities are aligned
to ensure product is manufactured to the required quality and
- Ability to implement measurement, control, and reporting
systems to track operational performance and compliance.
- Problem solving - the incumbent is expected to use initiative
in tackling and resolving problems related to manufacturing
- Give direction and leadership to the Manufacturing department
or as requested to other plant functions.
- Periodic goal reviews, annual performance reviews and personal
development reviews will also occur.
What we offerOur total rewards package goes above and beyond just a
paycheck. Whether you're looking to build your career, improve your
health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help
you achieve your goals.
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an
impressive employer match that's all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your
needs to ensure you're happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take
the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all
employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train,
and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements
and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military
Keywords: Entegris, Santa Barbara , Sr Production Manager, Executive , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!