Company: Mar Monte Hotel - In the Unbound Collection by Hya
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Mar Monte Hotel, Unbound Collection by Hyatt:
Discover one of the finest hotels in Santa Barbara, California when
you stay at Mar Monte Hotel. Built in 1931, rencently renovated in
2019, our historic hotel welcomes guests with its casual elegance
and first-rate service. Detailed with a fusion of Spanish Colonial
architecture blended with modern conveniences, Mar Monte Hotel is a
shining gateway to the City of Santa Barbara, also known as the
American Riviera. The Property serves 174 Guestrooms, our pool side
restaurant/bar Cafe Lido, our fine Dinning restaurant Costa as well
as 14,000 sq feet of flexible meeting space.
We are seeking:
Candidates should demonstrate a passion for hospitality. We are
also looking for a great attitude, drive, dedication to their
craft, and a true willingness to learn.
Ideal applicants will show that they have a strong work ethic, are
team orientated and work well with others. You will be a member of
a cohesive team that supports each other's success in a fast-paced
environment. We provide a safe and positive working environment
where we encourage employees to grow and learn with opportunities
for personal and career development.
We highly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We seek
diversity amongst our team.
Manage catering accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to
solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are
achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new catering sales
accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing
accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in food, beverage and
room rental segments.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue
goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site
inspections and written communication.
- Understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget
process, as well as pace and productivity.
- Understanding of yield management skills and the use of
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to
maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer
- Participate in the research the competition's products, services
and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous,
current and potential clients, including room rental, A/V and other
revenue generation opportunities.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of
long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE,
MPI). Actively participate in community/civic activities to
maintain awareness within community and to create booking
- Knowledge of sales techniques including closing skills as well as
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Some experience utilizing creative skills to provide innovative
set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate
creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on
pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event
execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a
plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation
of operations of catering events sold. Detailed execution of all
banquet event orders generated by the associate.
- Experience providing A/V equipment and operating A/V as a profit
- Effective use and teaching of computers, specifically Delphi,
Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key hotel
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client
satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Mar Monte Hotel is your gateway to the American Riviera. Just
minutes from Santa Barbara's downtown, the hotel is located on
Cabrillo Boulevard, across from East Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
Across the road from East Beach along the Pacific Ocean, this
polished hotel with a 1930s Spanish Colonial vibe is 1 mile from
Stearns Wharf and 3 miles from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.Our
employees enjoy hotel and F&B discounts throughout the world of
Hyatt and HEI, various Bonus/Incentive and Recognition Programs,
plus - working alongside beautiful, ocean front views. Apply today
to join our team!We value U.S. military experience and invite all
qualified military candidates to apply.
Keywords: Mar Monte Hotel - In the Unbound Collection by Hya, Santa Barbara , Catering Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!