Sr. Director, Business Operations
Company: AppFolio, Inc.
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Business Operations Santa Barbara, California We're innovators,
changemakers, and collaborators. We're more than just a software
company - we're a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to
make our customers' lives easier. We're revolutionizing the way
people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and
your passion to help us keep on innovating. Mission The newly
created Business Operations team is chartered to transform the
operational rigor and execution across the business to achieve our
shared business outcomes. This senior leader will have
responsibility for a portfolio of strategic cross-functional
programs and initiatives that are critical to the business' ability
to scale for long-term growth. We love where we work, and you can,
- Creation of new Program Office in service of strategic and
operational planning and programs.
- Provide vision and leadership to successful creation of new
- Hire, coach and mentor team of two program managers in
- Oversee program framework and roadmap including intake and
prioritization process for new programs and initiatives.
- Translate business requirements and needs into programs
including implementation plans, role definition, resource planning,
risk mitigation and change management plan.
- In partnership with Analytics, Marketing and Segment Leaders,
drive annual segmentation program to understand market, TAM and
switching as key inputs to the annual planning process.
- Develop Program Management Community of Practice with best
practices and resources to be leveraged across the business and
- Build, operate and improve on Real Estate Operating Model to
deliver in service to company, board of directors and business
- Partner with Finance and VP of Operations to lead 3/1 Year
Strategic Planning process.
- Drive alignment around strategy, resourcing, execution and
business outcomes across the organization, including ownership for
overall Plan on a Page framework and process tied to annual
- Ensure each APM leader's plan ladders to the business operating
plan and is updated quarterly.--
- Enable swift and sound business decisions through definition
and regular review of KPIs.
- Lead and define business QBR's with the objective of
understanding key business performance, insights, risks and
opportunities to inform prioritization and decision making by the
- Define compelling and competitive pricing and packaging
strategy for a portfolio of products and services that optimize for
acquisition and revenue generation, informed by our market,
customer value and competitive landscape.
- Hire Director of Pricing & Packaging Strategy to own and lead
this body of work.
- Own coordination of pricing changes execution throughout the
organization and overall customer experience.
- Develop Pricing & Packaging change playbook and own
comprehensive operational planning and execution.
- Build, operate and improve a program to ensure Safe,
Sustainable and Scalable practices in partnership with corporate
centers of excellence (Legal, Compliance, Security, Internal Audit,
- Instill an enduring mindset and muscle-memory across the
organization of identifying and understanding their respective
responsibilities around business risk and compliance.
- Define and document risk categories with guidelines by Q2, in
partnership with the ERM Committee.
- Rollout across business teams to create the first draft of
documented risks in ERM software by end of Q2.
- Establish ongoing monthly practice of business teams
proactively identifying and documenting key business risks and
compliance issues and path for escalation.
- Improve Business Systems platform operational efficiencies
- Hire Group Product Manager as product leader responsible for
Business Systems strategy, product roadmap and alignment to
business priorities and functional initiatives with a multi-year
- Ensure as a company we are optimizing and realizing leverage in
our technology investment and scaling capabilities for growth.
- Lead change management planning against strategic initiatives
in partnership with People Partners to ensure successful rollout
with clear understanding of the "what" and the "why".
- Foster an inclusive environment and maintain employee
engagement of > 60 eNPS.--
- Hire, coach and develop a high-performing team of resourceful,
self-driven and adaptive operationally driven individuals that
thrive in a high-growth environment and are solution-oriented
problem solvers. Must Haves
- Demonstrated track-record of building new programs and
processes, driving alignment and change management to effectively
launch, operate and improve the programs. (B2B SaaS or FinTech
experience is highly preferred).
- Strategic thinker and detail oriented problem solver that is
highly self-motivated with bias for action.
- Exceptional leadership skills and experience navigating and
influencing in a matrixed organization without direct
- Strong business acumen with ability to dive into the details to
understand business implications and define actions and
recommendations and drive alignment and execution across business
- Solution-oriented mindset focused on right-sized ways to solve
problems with a long-term strategic outlook.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to translate
complex issues into simple, actionable recommendations.
- People leadership experience building and managing a
high-performing team of specialists. Qualifications
- 15+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, product
management, program management or operations roles.
- Demonstrated success working in an agile environment on
- Experience and familiarity with Product Management, Pricing
Strategy and Enterprise Risk and Compliance programs is
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or equivalent experience is
preferred. Our Story AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006
with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by
providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based
software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and
grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real
estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio
Investment Management To find out more about what AppFolio has to
offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers . Statement of Equal
Opportunity At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and
perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture.
That's why we're a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe
that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because
of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age,
marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran
status, you're always welcome at AppFolio. You have been redirected
to a AppFolio job page
Keywords: AppFolio, Inc., Santa Barbara , Sr. Director, Business Operations, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!