Risk Operations Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Risk Operations Manager
Value Added Services Santa Barbara, California Description
Hi, We're AppFolio. We're innovators, changemakers, and
collaborators. We're more than just a software company - we're a
cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers'
lives easier. We're revolutionizing the way people do business, and
we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us
keep on innovating. We love where we work, and you can, too.What
You'll Do At AppFolio, our goal is to keep our ecosystem's accounts
safe, provide them uninterrupted access to their payment
capabilities, and minimize the company's risk exposure and fraud
loss. As the Risk Operations Manager on the Value Added Services
Payments team at AppFolio, you will be responsible for managing a
team of analysts whose responsibilities are to investigate
suspected cases of abuse, risk or fraud based on account behavior
and will determine appropriate action for resolution. You will be
involved in creating, monitoring and addressing risk detection
alerts, policies and procedures to identify risk concerns and
mitigate losses. Lastly, you will be the main point of contact for
escalations from the underwriting and customer support teams. What
We're Looking For
- Efficiency: The Risk Operations Manager must be efficient and
able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Able
to break down problems into manageable tasks.
- Adaptability: Must be able to adapt and tailor communications
styles to match the audience and articulate views clearly, as the
manager will be responsible for communicating with partners and
- Stress Management: Maintain a stable performance when under
heavy pressure or stress.
- Responsibility: Take ownership of your work and seek the
appropriate resources when necessary.
- Extreme Professionalism: This role is in direct communication
with many outside partners and vendors, and will consistently be
acting as the face of AppFolio in these interactions.
- Customer Focus: strive to delight at each touchpoint and level
of interaction, whether it be building out--
- Teamwork: Earn trust and engagement from the teams while
driving them to successful individual and group outcomes.--
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a
related field; or equivalent professional experience.
- SQL and Excel skills required.
- Minimum of 8+ years of work experience, in a fraud/risk
analytics role preferable--
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Ability to recruit and team a fully functional team. Our Story
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to
revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great
software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps
our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their
businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate
vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio
Investment Management To find out more about what AppFolio has to
offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers . Statement of Equal
Opportunity At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and
perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture.
That's why we're a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe
that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because
of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age,
marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran
status, you're always welcome at AppFolio.
Keywords: AppFolio, Santa Barbara , Risk Operations Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!