Senior Land Acquisitions Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Do you love to create delight through design and attention to
detail? Are you a MacGyver who always finds a way to get it done?
If so, then we invite you to apply to AutoCamp to join our
The Associate will focus on monitoring and reporting asset level
performance, identifying areas of opportunity, and partnering with
the operations team to implement solutions to improve operating
margins. Must be proficient in financial modeling, and must possess
a strong knowledge of hospitality operations, real estate finance
concepts and capital structures.
AutoCamp is a lifestyle hotel brand that is changing the way people
experience the great outdoors. We provide an upscale, hassle-free,
and comfortable experience in the world's top outdoor destinations
- we call it Outdoor Hospitality.
Sound good? We'd love to hear from you. Be sure to attach both a
resume and a cover letter telling us about your relevant experience
and salary requirements. Please Note: Resumes submitted without a
cover letter will be crumpled up and used as campfire kindling.
The Senior Acquisitions Manager will play a key role in the growth
of AutoCamp's development pipeline by helping discover, evaluate,
entitle, and purchase new land acquisitions for the Company. This
role will report directly to the SVP of Acquisitions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Research, locate and hunt down properties in key markets that
are suitable for the AC business model.
- Lead the fact-finding process for potential targets and partner
with internal teams as needed
- Create and maintain a database of all suitable
- Develop relationships with owners, brokers, and key influencers
in assigned target markets to initiate offers.
- Regularly visit target acquisition areas and evaluate their
suitability for the business model based on established acquisition
- Work closely with and provide all of the pertinent information
to the underwriting team in order to assess feasibility of target
- Negotiate, document, and execute Letters of Intent and Purchase
Agreements with property owners.
- Conduct thorough property due diligence and contact government
agencies / make information requests as needed.
- Source, initiate and manage RFP process with local consultants
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously in varying
degrees of progress and completion.
- Work with local planning/zoning officials local communities to
secure all required permits and approvals for new site
- Create and manage pursuit and due diligence budgets.
- Manage the entire acquisitions process from sourcing through
full entitlements to closing by working with different teams within
the organization, outside contractors, land owners, and governing
- Work with analyst team to create an understanding of the
parameters to use in structuring Purchase Agreements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the zoning and approval
processes in key markets and oversee outside consultants to conduct
land use viability review.
- Manage and conduct well organized site visits and market
- Manage and conduct regular inter-departmental meetings
providing updates on progress of individual projects.
- Prepare and present Investment Committee Memorandums to
Leadership and partners for new acquisitions
- Grow land pipeline necessary to meet the team business plan
- Establish strong relationships with external sellers (banks,
brokers, builders, owners)
- Create a positive, motivating, and challenging work environment
to promote a productivity team culture.
- Build strong relationships with internal departments such as:
Revenue Management,, Marketing, Construction, Design, and
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business is required (Finance/Economics,
Engineering, Real Estate, Planning, Government Relations or related
- 6+ years of proven land acquisition transaction
- 4+ years of proven management experience of small to
- Demonstrated leader within hospitality industry or related
- Must maintain California Bureau of Real Estate, Real Estate
The right person will have:
- Understands outdoor lodging market and industry trends
- Ability to connect with people, and develop and maintain
- Action oriented, with the drive to push purchases to successful
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating
teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take
complex concepts and communicate accurately and
- Proven ability to lead and execute effective training sessions
or conduct strong oral presentations
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of
other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data
- A passion for hospitality and the great outdoors
- Strong relationship and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and follow projects through to
- Extensive sales experience and outgoing personality
- Working knowledge of Cloud Based Applications; knowledge of
Google Suite products preferred
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Must be a MacGyver, able to find creative solutions when issues
arise, with limited resources
- Ability and willingness to travel, primarily domestically, up
to 75% of the time
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance required
Keywords: AutoCamp, Santa Barbara , Senior Land Acquisitions Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!