Conference Services Manager
Company: Mar Monte Hotel, the Unbound Collection
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: March 20, 2020
Location: US-CA-Santa Barbara# of Openings: 1Category:
CateringPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: ExemptAbout
Mar Monte Hotel is your gateway to the American Riviera. Just
minutes from Santa Barbara's downtown, the hotel is located on
Cabrillo Boulevard, across from East Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
Across the road from East Beach along the Pacific Ocean, this
polished hotel with a 1930s Spanish Colonial vibe is 1 mile from
Stearns Wharf and 3 miles from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.
Our employees enjoy two free meals a day, Hotel Discounts
throughout the World of Hyatt, various Bonus/Incentive and
Recognition Programs, plus - working alongside beautiful, ocean
front views. Apply today to join our team!
Create the desired conference and meet clients' needs through
active communication, planning, and team leadership.
- An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual
- Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner
evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure
exceeding meeting planner satisfaction.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Consistently participate in the re-booking of repeat business
by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE,
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing
skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus,
and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and
innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event
execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a
plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation
of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders
generated by the Convention Services Department.
- Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating
Audio/Visual as a profit center.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed
resumes for the operating departments.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client
satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific
experience in catering sales is essential.
- Minimum of 1year within the Hospitality Industry required.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to,
use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi.
- Knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and
motivation of peers.
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels
within the market.
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Mar Monte Hotel, the Unbound Collection, Santa Barbara , Conference Services Manager, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!