Senior Manager, Demand Generation
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 16, 2020
You believe in the psychology of marketing, of getting into the
headspace and the mindset of the person you are targeting. Seeing
your campaign from their perspective allows you to achieve
You love to dig into results, to figure out why something worked.
You have a knack for identifying patterns and making connections
that you then apply to the next campaign, the next channel, the
You have a mind for the granular and for the grand. You think about
how to get your campaign to appeal to the market at large, while
keeping in mind the smallest detail that will be key to outsized
You believe in doing manual work, "things that don't scale", in
relentless pursuit of figuring out what works. And once you've
figured out what works, you doggedly break it down into its
component pieces, into a new process and system, so that you can in
fact scale it.
Does this describe you?
- You are results-oriented and internally driven to exceed
- You're ready to apply finely-honed demand gen, campaign
management, and digital marketing skills at a fast-growing,
industry-leading company with a growth mentality.
- You are extremely organized. You have spreadsheets to manage
spreadsheets and you are meticulous about keeping them up to date
and internally consistent.
- You have a high attention to detail. You have an eagle eye, and
"minor" things like typos, grammar errors, alignment issues, and
similar never slip by you. You are compelled to perfection in
everything that is external-facing.
- You want to work with marketers at the top of their game with
pedigrees from Salesforce, Google, LogMeIn/Citrix Online, Roblox,
Saatchi & Saatchi, Procore and more.
- You understand a campaign isn't over at launch. You follow
through, track results, and iterate to get the best
- You enjoy bringing big ideas to the table and finding a way to
feasibly execute on them.
- Each time you press send on an email campaign you get a little
bit of fear in your heart!
About the Role
Our demand generation team is breaking records left and right, but
we're just scratching the surface. We need a Demand Generation
Director to help us take our campaigns and digital marketing to the
next level. The focus is on driving net new business for our global
sales team and includes tactics like ABM, webinars, email
marketing, nurturing, SEM, paid social, content syndication, and
more. This person will drive campaigns from concept to completion
and ensure a strongly conceived and flawlessly executed
pre/during/post campaign launch experience that drives lead
generation, opportunity volume, and pipeline creation.
What You'll Do
- Create, oversee, execute, and optimize campaigns that drive
leads and pipeline.
- Lead cross-functional programs and tie together campaigns into
complete initiatives and develop themes for webinars, content
campaigns, and product launches that support our personas,
verticals, and account-based targets.
- Drive long-term strategic campaigns as well as short-term
- Own paid media channels and be the expert in leveraging the
right channel for the right audience and campaign message.
- Coordinate with sales and SDR team on campaign follow
- Monitor campaign performance, track against goals, and prepare
and distribute campaign performance reports.
- Oversee digital marketing agency to drive efficient lead
generation through SEM campaigns.
- Act as webinar producer and project manager.
- Support the global events team in leveraging channels to
promote participation and drive registration.
- Conceptualize, build and optimize nurturing programs that tie
into broader campaign themes to maximize conversion of existing
marketing database to pipeline.
- Create campaign packages that can be leveraged and quickly
executed by global counterparts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years broad B2B marketing experience across the full demand
generation spectrum including ABM, email marketing, SEM, SEO, paid
social, content syndication, display advertising and direct
- B2B SaaS experience driving demand generation for a B2B sales
- Proven track record of creating, managing, and executing
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to build
rapport, influence and deepen relationships with stakeholders,
especially with sales.
- Strong and disciplined project management and process
- Advanced Salesforce and Marketo user.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Bizible, Drift, and other
B2B martech tools/platforms.
- Experience creating and managing vertical-specific
- Media planning and buying expertise with negotiation skills and
scars to prove it.
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- And last but not least: an energetic, motivated, positive
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world's
most admired companies rely on Airship's Customer Engagement
Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering
incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now
gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI
orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications,
emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to
exactly the right person in exactly the right moment - building
trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.
Keywords: Airship, Santa Barbara , Senior Manager, Demand Generation, Executive , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!