Service Sustaining Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 8, 2019
Requisition ID: 41682 Title: Service Sustaining Engineer Division:
Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Service Sustaining Engineer will support our Synergy products
repair center activities throughout the entire product life cycle,
and work on the continuous improvement of our repair quality, cost
and delivery to meet our customer expectations and organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation and review of all Synergy products repair lines
- Improving repair processes and repair lines layouts
- Assists in designing and developing the necessary tools and
jigs to support the repair of all Synergy products in all service
channels, field and repair center
- Provides test engineering support through optimizing test
procedures and test equipment
- Ensure that equipment and processes required for repair and
complaint investigation of each new product are developed,
qualified, validated and designed for reparability through working
closely with cross-functional teams responsible for new product
- Supporting Root Cause Investigation data collection and
analysis, and working closely with the Engineering team on
identifying the needs for design improvements
- Analyzes repair data using statistical analysis tools such as
MTBF to identify any adverse trends, and makes recommendations on
actions that can be taken to reverse such trends
- Identifying and assist in delivering the training needed for
repair center personnel
- Provides technical expertise to repair center personnel on
troubleshooting failures, repairs and evaluating equipment.
- Utilizes technical drawings, specifications of electrical and
mechanical systems and components to ensure systems conform to
- Provide troubleshooting and expertise to unscheduled events as
- Monitor the effectiveness of the corrective actions on a
monthly basis.Incidental Duties:
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional
responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline required.
3 years experience in an engineering role required.
3 years experience in medical device industry preferred.
3 years experience in Capital Equipment Service preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- Must possess practical knowledge related to the
products/components that the position will support, e.g.,
electromechanical product components and assembly
- Must have competent PC skills and be highly proficient with
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have practical knowledge and experience in statistical
analysis, problem-solving/process improvement techniques, and Root
- Familiar with the proper use of common inspection tools, test
equipment, and visual standards.
- Must be able to read and understand component/product
- Skilled in working with different functions and effectively
coordinates their activities to achieve desired results.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify
and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to
excellent written and oral communication.Machine, Tools, and/or
PC and various and specialized software. High efficiency in MS
Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Barbara
Nearest Secondary Market: Santa Maria
Medical, Engineer, Electrical, CAPA, Inspector, Healthcare,
Engineering, Management, Quality
Keywords: Arthrex, Santa Barbara , Service Sustaining Engineer, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!