Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: June 7, 2019
Requisition ID: 41853 Title: Engineer - Test Division: Arthrex,
Inc. (US01) Location: INC Santa Barbara, CA (ACT) (US17)
Support R&D Engineering and Manufacturing by testing products
and process, performing verification and validation activities,
developing and implementing test fixtures, automated test
methodologies and data collections systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use principles and theories of science, engineering, and
mathematics to solve technical problems.
- Develop manual and automated test stations, define equipment,
software use such as LabVIEW, Visual Basic and or MATLAB as
required to capture test parameters.
- Write technical documents including work instructions, test
protocols, reports, SOP, MAP and MAT.
- Perform verification and validation activities
- Make sketches and layouts, record data, make computations,
- Present test records / results in numerical and graphical data
for analysis, database creation.
- Support multidisciplinary teams of design, software,
mechanical, quality, and production engineers.
- Manage tasks related to multiple projects, prioritize and
respond to special assigned projects.
- Analyze test results in relation to specifications and test
objectives and develop equipment to simplify the test processes and
reduce test time.
- Coordinate test activities with suppliers, corrective actions
and test data analysis to improve yields, reduce scrap and improve
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional
responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical or
Mechanical) or a degree in Computer Science required.
3 years of relevant experience required.
Knowledge and Skill Preferred / Specialized Courses and/or
- Knowledge of camera systems including optics, mechanical
systems, electronic design, analog circuit design,
electro-mechanical design, high speed digital circuits.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and optimizing electrical
test automation projects
- Demonstrable experience in electronics (digital and analog)
- Documentation of manufacturing procedures, test protocols, test
- Ability to read and analyze electronics and mechanical
- Knowledge of electronic design tools (schematic capture, pcb
layout, simulation tools), preferably Altium.
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO guidelines for the development of
- Understanding of applicable medical device regulations for
electrical safety and EMI/EMC
- Strong communication skills, accountability to project
deliverables including timing and budget requirements.
- Understanding of electronic design (high-speed digital, motor
drivers and analog), EMC/EMI mitigation, manufacturing and assembly
(Preferred but not required).
- Be a hands-on engineer and excited to work in a fast paced
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Knowledge of camera equipment and instrumentation, electronic test
equipment, PC, Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Video waveform
analyzer, TDR, etc.
Design and implement Test Fixture with minimal supervision
Bench top testing and troubleshooting with typical lab
MATLAB, LabVIEW, 3-D modeling S/W, Microsoft Office, PCs,
Soldering and Desoldering skills
Ability to perform root cause analysis, testing, troubleshooting,
failure investigation and repairing products
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Barbara
Nearest Secondary Market: Santa Maria
Manufacturing Engineer, Medical, Electronics Engineer, Engineer,
Electrical, Engineering, Healthcare
Keywords: Arthrex, Santa Barbara , Test Engineer, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!