Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Bruker Corporation
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: May 13, 2019
Log back in!
SR. MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Job Locations US-CA-Santa Barbara
Posted Date 6 months ago(11/1/2018 1:45 PM)
# of Openings
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies,
Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields
of research and development. All our systems and instruments are
designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market
and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50
years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working
on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be the primary manufacturing
interface for new and existing hardware products. You will work
with Bruker s Engineering and Product teams to drive new product
development builds and support ongoing changes to existing
products. You are well versed in working with Contract
Manufacturers (CM) and Component Suppliers. You will lead teams to
ensure products are designed and built to Bruker s high standards
of quality and performance. You will evaluate the product designs
and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Bruker s
world leading Atomic Force Microscopes(AFM). You will collaborate
with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Bruker s
manufacturing and product specifications. Your work ensures the
various pieces of Bruker s AFM integrate and perform at the highest
level, leading to the best customer experience possible.
As a Manufacturing Engineer in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary
group, you will be responsible for using your creativity and wide
range of engineering experience to develop and evaluate solutions
to challenging engineering problems. In support of New Production
Introduction(NPI), you will design, develop, test, and qualify
solutions in a manufacturing environment. That will include the
application of Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFMA) and Failure
Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), to facilitate the smooth transition to
* Work on cross-functional team for New Product Development from
Conceptual phase through Proof of Manufacturing and Volume
Production. Define and implement product requirements related to
DFx guidelines; Design for Manufacturing, Test, Reliability, and
* Lead strategic planning for Test, Manufacturing, and Sourcing
* Development of Manufacturing Processes, Documentation, Tooling,
and Test Fixtures in support of NPI and Released Products.
* Lead training and product knowledge transfer to the Manufacturing
* Lead NPI Team as Engineering Project Manager through the Proof of
Manufacturing and Production Ramp phase.
* Identify and execute on opportunities for Gross Margin
* Lead projects related to Best Cost Manufacturing and aligned with
business objectives. Examples may include Insourcing, Outsourcing,
and/or Cost Reductions.
* Execute an integrated manufacturing quality improvement strategy
through final functional verification process (Final Test),
managing non-conforming parts in process (NCMR), and closed loop
corrective action (CLCR)
* Experience explaining technical issues and influencing product
and process design change with results/data, working with other
engineering teams to arrive at solutions.
* Experience with DFx methodologies; DFM, DFS, DFT, etc.
* Experience in DFMEA and PFMEA techniques.
* Experience in a similar, highly engineered, low volume, high mix,
capital equipment environment that includes mechanical, electronic,
and software composition.
* Project Management Experience with proven successes.
* Work independently, strong team player, detail oriented,
organized and hands-on.
* Ability to work and drive process/layout improvements with
minimal supervision and train others.
* International travel may be required -6wks per year. Actual
travel duration and frequency will depend on project
* Ability to work in Clean Room Environment
* Knowledgeable in continuous improvement, safety improvements, use
of KPI metrics, and lean manufacturing principles.
Candidates to fill the Sr. role should have a Masters plus 3 years
of experience in related field or a BS in Mechanical, Electrical,
Physics, or Industrial Engineering plus 5 years of experience in
Candidates with less experience and/or education will also be
considered if they are highly motivated and eager to learn.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays,
and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control
laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions
will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in
light of export control restrictions.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, Santa Barbara , Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!