Sr. Staff Engineer - Advanced Image Processing
Company: Alpha Recruitment
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: February 4, 2019
Main Objective:Responsible for developing forward looking image processing/software product development roadmaps, product architecture, development tools, feasibility analyses, and demonstrable prototypes of advanced image processing and software products. Recognized by upper management and peers as a technical expert and a key technical leader for the R&D and Advanced Technologies group. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Technical leaders, Product Managers, Marketing and Sales representatives to develop image processing product roadmaps that leverage state of the art technologies and differentiate Arthrex from the competition
- Prioritize, plan and groom stories in support of delivering image processing roadmap features and capabilities
- Propose, architect and deliver prototypes intended to prove technical feasibility, marketability, and user acceptance for future products. Work with SW and EE teams to define interfaces that meet product integration requirements.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, simulations and modeling, requirements, system constraints, solution development, and propose HW/SW/GPU solutions.
- Create or leverage existing image processing development environments for feasibility studies and prototypes. (Open CV, CUDA, Tensor Flow, Caffe, Matlab)
- Excellent debugging skills, utilizing scalable approaches such as unit testing, integration testing, and system level testing in support of software QA team.
- Responsible to comply with SOP's in compliance with relevant governing standards.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends in technology, tools and practices and recommends applications in the product roadmap.
- Leads build vs. buy decisions and helps define work and selects partners in meeting business and technology development goals. Education and Experience:Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required; MS preferred.Minimum of 20 years or equivalent relevant experience is required. Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Advanced Image Processing, Analytics, Neural Networks/Machine Image and video signal processing, Computer vision, pattern recognition, 3D graphics, computational photography
- Understanding FPGA development tools and environments. Verilog, Matlab/Simulink and typical FPGA families
- Strong software development skills: Python, C#
- Demonstrable experience in reducing conceptual designs to practice
- Strong project management and communication skills. Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:Experience with medical equipment development and testing. Understanding of electrical design standards.Knowledge of surgical equipment and instrumentation, mechanical testing equipment, PC, and 3D modeling software required. - provided by Dice Extensive experience in Image Processing, Analytics, Neural Networks/Machine Image and video signal processing, Computer vision, pattern recognition, FPGA development tools. Bachelors Degree.
Keywords: Alpha Recruitment, Santa Barbara , Sr. Staff Engineer - Advanced Image Processing, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!