Electrical Manufacturing Engineer - Santa Barbara
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Requisition ID: 41800 Title: Engineer - Electrical Manufacturing Division: Arthrex California Inc (US03) Location: ACI Santa Barbara, CA (US26) Main Objective: Support the Manufacturing Process by developing test methodologies, creating and documenting test procedures, travelers, tools, fixtures and test software. Improve the data collection process while making data driven decisions using statistical analysis to improve test yields, reduce cycle times and improve product flow. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible to manage all circuit board and final product level testing including Final Check Out
- Analyze test results in relation to specifications and test objectives and develop equipment to simplify the test processes and reduce test time.
- Document work instructions, SOP, MAP, MAT, Validation Protocols and Reports
- Proficient in the use of Automated Test Equipment, Software use such as Lab View, Visual Basic, Lenox and HP-VEE as required to perform test support
- Analyze and report on Process Test Yields weekly
- Data Base Optimization, Data Statistical Analysis and Failure Modes Trending and Tracking
- Present test records / results in numerical and graphical form in order to make data driven decisions
- Manage tasks related to multiple projects, prioritize and respond to special assigned projects.
- Specify and Coordinate electrical final test equipment purchases in support manufacturing capacity ramping, set up and perform process validations.
- Proficient in the use of test equipment including, oscilloscopes, wave form monitors, RF test equipment, digital multi-meter, Video Test Equipment, Light Box, Lumens Measurement equipment
- Responsible for training production personnel, may direct or lead production or test technicians
- Perform Failure Analysis to component level, analyze results and document in writen reports.
- Coordinate test activities with suppliers, corrective actions, address line fallout to improve yields, reduce scrap and improve efficiencies.
- Use principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical problems. Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management. Education and Experience: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering required. Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience. Knowledge and Skill Preferred / Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Strong knowledge of camera systems including optics, electronics design, analog circuit design, electro-mechanical design, high speed digital circuits.
- Understanding of applicable medical device regulations for electrical safety and EMI/EMC
- Demonstrable experience in developing and optimizing Electrical Test Processes
- Demonstrable experience electronics (digital and analog) trouble shooting.
- Strong experience in system analysis, testing, troubleshooting to root cause.
- Documentation of manufacturing procedures, test protocols, statistical test analysis.
- Ability to read and analyze schematics and electrical engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO guidelines for the development of medical devices.
- Strong communication skills, accountability to project deliverables including timing and budget requirements. Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Knowledge of camera equipment and instrumentation, electronic test equipment, PC, Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Video waveform analyzer, TDR, etc. Bench top testing and troubleshooting with typical lab equipment. Lenox, LabView, MS Access, SQL Server, Microsoft Office, PCs, schematic capture, PCB layout All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Arthrex, Santa Barbara , Electrical Manufacturing Engineer - Santa Barbara, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!