Service Sustaining Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: December 2, 2018
Requisition ID: 41682 Title: Service Sustaining Engineer Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: INC Santa Barbara, CA (ACT) (US17)
The Service Sustaining Engineer will support our Synergy products repair center activities throughout the entire product life cycle, and work on the continuous improvement of our repair quality, cost and delivery to meet our customer expectations and organization goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation and review of all Synergy products repair lines SOPs
- Improving repair processes and repair lines layouts
- Assists in designing and developing the necessary tools and jigs to support the repair of all Synergy products in all service channels, field and repair center
- Provides test engineering support through optimizing test procedures and test equipment
- Ensure that equipment and processes required for repair and complaint investigation of each new product are developed, qualified, validated and designed for reparability through working closely with cross-functional teams responsible for new product design
- Supporting Root Cause Investigation data collection and analysis, and working closely with the Engineering team on identifying the needs for design improvements
- Analyzes repair data using statistical analysis tools such as MTBF to identify any adverse trends, and makes recommendations on actions that can be taken to reverse such trends
- Identifying and assist in delivering the training needed for repair center personnel
- Provides technical expertise to repair center personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs and evaluating equipment.
- Utilizes technical drawings, specifications of electrical and mechanical systems and components to ensure systems conform to standards.
- Provide troubleshooting and expertise to unscheduled events as requested.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the corrective actions on a monthly basis.Incidental Duties:
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline required.
3 years experience in an engineering role required.
3 years experience in medical device industry preferred.
3 years experience in Capital Equipment Service preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- Must possess practical knowledge related to the products/components that the position will support, e.g., electromechanical product components and assembly processes.
- Must have competent PC skills and be highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have practical knowledge and experience in statistical analysis, problem-solving/process improvement techniques, and Root Cause Investigation/CAPA.
- Familiar with the proper use of common inspection tools, test equipment, and visual standards.
- Must be able to read and understand component/product specifications.
- Skilled in working with different functions and effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired results.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication.Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC and various and specialized software. High efficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Barbara
Nearest Secondary Market: Santa Maria
Medical, Engineer, Electrical, CAPA, Inspector, Healthcare, Engineering, Management, Quality
Keywords: Arthrex, Santa Barbara , Service Sustaining Engineer, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!