Sr. Product Support Engineer L3 - Santa Barbara
Company: Bruker Corporation
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 30, 2018
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sr. Product Support Engineer L3 for our nanoIR product line is a key technical role within the Anasys Instrumentation business within Bruker Nano Surfaces Business. Anasys Instruments is the world leader in photothermal IR spectroscopy from the nanoscale to the sub-micron and macro scales. This position is responsible for the support and training deliverables for new product introduction and sustaining product life cycle of nanoIR instrumentation and accessories. In addition, this position provides direct instrumentation and user training support as well as escalation support for our internal support organization. Individual must be customer focused with a strong technical background enabling our customers to maintain their instrumentation at peak performance and effectively use our photothermal IR spectroscopy instrumentation for scientific applications.
- 30%: Work directly with customers to diagnose nanoIR instrument, user, and training issues including but not limited to
- Diagnose, test, develop, optimize, communicate, and execute the most efficient solution plan for complex electro mechanical hardware/software instrument issues, user issues, and training issues.
- Optimize instrument and/or accessory performance to meet specification.
- Create and maintain record of activity in support database
- 25%: Independent ownership to execute analysis, provide recommendations, and own the execution of the service deliverables for both New Product Introduction (NPI) and through the Product Life Cycle (PLC) for our photothermal IR spectroscopy instrumentation. Service deliverables include but are not limited to:
- Design for Service DfS (diagnostics/maintainability/KPIs) recommendations and cross functional alignment in phase 1 and 2 and continue to provide rapid and effective feedback through release and until DfS targets obtained.
- Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) strategy and implementation: remove and replace (R&R) level for customer, field, and regional repair. Cost analysis, pricing, and service stock recommendations.
- Create, author, test, and publish service documentation including but not limited to: field installation and user training procedures, acceptance checklists, functional descriptions, interconnect diagrams, remove and replace procedures, troubleshooting guides, technical support bulletins, teaching and training collateral and other technical documentation needed to provide comprehensive post-sale support
- Create, author, test, and optimize customer facing and internal teaching and training curriculum, develop and author training collateral (presentation, videos, webinar, technical guides), deliver training courses, lab sessions, administer both written and lab tests, and manage service engineer certification for assigned instrument or group of instruments and application modules
- Analysis of support activity, identification, and solution plan recommendation for improvement opportunities
- Analysis of impact, recommendation, & service implementation of Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Recommend definition, develop, & implement effective end of manufacturing and obsolescence support strategy
- 20%: Primary technical liaison between factory and field. Provide system level escalation support for a specific instrument or group of instruments including but not limited to technical leadership, test, analysis, collaboration with engineering or other cross-functional partner, corrective actions, on-site execution, and effective communication which includes presentation material both internal to team as well as cross functionally.
- 15%: Empower customers and internal team to effectively use of their nanoIR instrument
- 10%: Install and qualify nanoIR instrument, upgrade, and/or accessory
- Other duties as assigned
- 35% travel both domestically and internationally on short notice
- Able to work in Government sites, cleanroom, production floor, & laboratory environments
- Must have & maintain valid driver's license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated proficiency in Atomic Forces Microscopy or FTIR. Experience with IR laser and combined AFM/IR and SSNOM microscopes desired. Customer focused, passionate about science and technology, and eager to enable customers with Anasys/Bruker technology. Demonstrated excellent analytical capability, theoretical understanding of physics, working knowledge of electronics, mechanics, control systems, computers, networking, and common tooling such as oscilloscope, multi-meter, etc--- to be an effective problem solver of complex system and product user issues. Demonstrated ability to install, qualify and be a trainer and technical resource that effectively empowers our customers and internal team for complex electro-mechanical instrumentation. . Demonstrated ability to author technical publications and training material. Demonstrated ability to provide clear, logical, and effective communication. Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, implement, and execute assigned project including achieving required deliverables on time.
Minimum PhD in scientific or engineering field from accredited university or college, or Master's degree in scientific or engineering field from accredited university or college with 3 year relevant experience, or Bachelor's degree in scientific or engineering field from accredited university or college with 5 year relevant experience.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, Santa Barbara , Sr. Product Support Engineer L3 - Santa Barbara, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!