Reliability & Maintenance Mechanic
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job SummaryReliability & Maintenance MechanicWhy Avantor?
Our more than 14,000 associates globally are passionate about
setting science in motion to create a better world. By choosing a
career with Avantor, a Fortune 500 company, you will make
breakthroughs, make a difference-and make your mark. You will work
closely with dedicated people who share your enthusiasm for
innovation, excellence and achievement. Whether you want to help
customers advance science or solve complex problems, Avantor is
where you belong.Consider a career with us at one of our offices,
manufacturing and distribution facilities or innovation centers, or
as part of our laboratory and clinical services teams working
onsite at customer locations worldwide.Location: Carpinteria,
CAShift: 2nd ShiftJob Summary:Under moderate supervision, the
Reliability & Maintenance mechanic installs, maintains, and repairs
manufacturing equipment and fixtures. Conducts basic maintenance
activities primarily on machinery and related equipment. Maintains
repair and maintenance records. Troubleshoots problems and
escalates non-routine and complex issues.Job Description:
- Performs operation, maintenance, testing, and recordkeeping for
steam generation equipment and boilers
- Maintains building electrical system and heating and cooling
- Performs maintenance or general carpentry on items such as
doors, floors, docks, overhead doors, roof downspouts, product
racks, materials handling equipment, etc.
- Completes required reports when maintenance tasks are
- Answers security alarm calls as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Technical School preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 3 years applicable direct experience in a similar
- Previous experience operating or maintaining steam generation
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Skills in mathematics, personal computers and related
applications are vital.
- Interpersonal and communication skills are important.
- Knowledge of steam generation systems required.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- The work environment characteristics and physical effort
described here are representative of those an associate encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
exposed to an industrial warehouse environment.
- The associate works near moving mechanical machinery and noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The job requires working in heights, exposure to changes in
temperature, driving equipment, and maybe exposed to dust, fumes,
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at email@example.com and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Santa Barbara , Reliability & Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Carpinteria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!