Engineer - R&M
Company: Hotel Californian
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Hotel Californian fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and
energetic work environment. We value passionate people who love to
be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall
success of the hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that
values family, work-life balance, and community. We help develop
our teams and provide support for them to grow their careers with
our organization. Our Talent is proud to work here.
The Engineer is responsible for monitoring and maintaining building
equipment and structures.
- Completes assigned work orders for general repair within
assigned time frame to achieve the utmost operational efficiency of
the hotel, its safety and its equipment.
- Performs systematic checks and inspections to aid in the upkeep
of the hotel and assists in the established proactive maintenance
program to prevent malfunctions, breakdowns and general
- Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs to repair
and/or resolve room maintenance requests and problems as they
- Maintains tools, workspaces and equipment in safe, secure and
good condition to reduce accidents and to prolong their use.
- Repairs and/or changes room locks for the security of hotel and
- Adjusts and repairs electronic problems on hotel equipment,
including televisions, alarm clocks, HVAC units, etc.
- Perform basic repairs and preventive maintenance on property,
including plumbing and electrical systems.
- Repair/replace electrical switches, receptacles, fuses, small
fixtures and outlets.
- Adjust thermostats to maintain desired temperatures.
- Hang pictures and cabinets.
- May do light painting and other work.
- Assists department in maintaining safety equipment and
emergency procedures for the safety of all guests and
- Performs assignments as directed by the Chief or Assistant
- Completes AM / PM checklist(s) daily. SKILLS AND EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Clean, valid driver's license required.
- Working knowledge of all maintenance trades including building
systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, painting and
- Experience with overseeing and communicating with contractors
and gathering estimates.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and
compliance with the designated uniform.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively
with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special
events, as needed.
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
- Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift
up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Material/Equipment Used Basis hand (hammer, screwdriver,
pliers) and power (electric drill, saw, solder) tools.
- Painting equipment, key cutting machine, grounds keeping
equipment and snow removal equipment.
- Environment Indoor exposure to both stable and extreme variance
of hot and cold temperatures.
- Outside exposure to all weather elements and extreme
fluctuations of temperature. QUALIFICATION:
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable
accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or
health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change
from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian's business
needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional
and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Foley Entertainment Group, LLC. is an equal employment/affirmative
action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the
employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail
to ...@vegasgoldenknights.com to let us know the nature of your
request. This employer participates in E-Verify
EOE/AA/Disabled/Vets Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. Associated topics:
bsee, circuit, electrical, hardware, msee, plc, renewable, rf,
Keywords: Hotel Californian, Santa Barbara , Engineer - R&M, Engineering , Carpinteria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!