Test Engineer - Asylum Research
Company: Oxford Instruments
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link At Oxford Instruments,
we enable the world's leading industrial companies and scientific
research communities to image, analyse and manipulate materials
down to the atomic and molecular level. Using Atomic Force
Microscopes from Asylum Research, our customers can see how cancer
cells respond to new treatments, extend the lifetime and efficiency
of renewable energy systems and lithium-ion batteries, and develop
the novel materials required for quantum computing.We're looking
for someone with a mechanical, electrical or materials engineering
background to join our flexible, fast-paced, high tech
manufacturing team. This is an exciting chance to join an
industry-leading instrumentation company as a skilled Test
Engineer, performing final assembly and mechanical, electrical and
software testing for our high precision atomic force microscopes.
- Complete standardized tests and generate test reports to ensure
optimal system performance
- Troubleshoot systems and perform repairs as required during
- Generate and maintain technical documentation for all test and
- Interface with technical staff in other departments for
manufacturing and product development supportSuccessful candidates
- A bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, electronics,
physics or equivalent practical experience.
- At least two years of hands-on engineering experience, ideally
with some of that being in SPM/AFM.
- The ability to interpret schematics, and an aptitude for
- Strong attention to detail along with excellent manual
dexterity and an affinity to working with precision parts.
- A self-starter attitude and commitment to producing high
quality work against sometimes demanding deadlines.
- The ability to excel and communicate in a customer-focused team
environment.COVID-19 Vaccinations Requirements: Oxford Instruments
requires all employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of
work. The Company will consider requests for medical or religious
accommodation as required by law.Oxford Instruments Perks and
- Generous benefit packages - We offer our employees competitive
health insurance options, including Medical, Dental, and -
- Vision plans. -
- Our 401k program has options for saving both pre- and post-tax
dollars for retirement.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Work-life balance is a key part of our
company culture here at OI, and we know that our employees do their
best work when they can take the time they need to rest and
recharge. Employees start with 4 weeks of PTO which is accrued each
pay period. -
- Holidays - We recognize 11 holidays this year
- In addition to all the standard PTO options, OI proudly offers
a generous and progressive paid family leave policy.
- Professional Development - OI supports you and your
professional development with $5,250 available in annual tuition
reimbursement after 6 months of service.Asylum Research, an Oxford
Instruments Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected
veteran status. EOE/M/F/D/VNote to recruitment agencies: Oxford
Instruments does not accept agency CV's. Please do not forward
details to our jobs alias, Oxford Instruments employees or any
other company location. Oxford Instruments is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited CV's.
Keywords: Oxford Instruments, Santa Barbara , Test Engineer - Asylum Research, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!