Silicone Injection Molding Process Engineer
Company: Freudenberg Group
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Empowering people, creating technology.
- Design and develop molding, extrusion, and assembly processes
using existing and newly developed technologies, as the LSR (Liquid
Silicone Rubber) and HCR SME.
- Maintain a vigilance to identify new potential technologies for
the company through research and technical literature review.
- Conceptualize and develop lean manufacturing processes for new
and existing business opportunities, including use of new or
modified plant equipment and processing methods.
- Develop and manage validation protocols and reports (IQ/OQ/PQ)
and provide objective evidence that equipment, processes, test
methods, and product meet requirements and are compliant with
applicable industry and company regulations.
- Generate and maintain documentation for all internal
manufacturing processes, inspection criteria, Bills of Materials,
engineering drawings, and manufacturing and quality records.
- Identify, initiate, and lead projects to improve productivity,
yields, and quality through root cause investigation,
problem-solving, and data-driven six sigma principals.
- Maintain accurate records of assigned project activities per
established Quality System and project timelines using established
Project Management tools.
- Communicate closely with QA, suppliers, and product development
teams on project matters, material issues, tooling and fixture
design, process capability studies, and product quality issues for
existing processes, products, and multi-site technology
- Attend daily production meetings to provide communication and
- Provide Engineering support for manufacturing Kaizen
- Contribute to capital expenditure planning relating to future
production requirements. Assist / lead in the implementation of new
equipment resulting from capital investments.
- Participate in internal audits and help maintain Quality System
to ISO-13485 standards.
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety/ergonomic
standards, and good housekeeping.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, preferably silicone,
plastics or mechanical engineering, or manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a process or tooling
- Technical experience in silicone rubber & (LSR) or plastic
- Experience with Scientific Injection Molding Principles
- Previous experience working in a related manufacturing
- Previous experience or training with project management
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and
- Familiarity with statistical problem solving and six sigma
- Experience with validation protocols and reports, DOE, FMEA
risk assessments, technical report authoring, strong statistical
data analysis including derived conclusions, and recommendation
- Silicone injection molding process troubleshooting &
- Injection mold and fixture tooling design.
- Attention to detail, ability to absorb new information
- Make educated decisions based on facts and data.
- Ability to work with little supervision; to work in teams or
- CAD/SolidWorks proficient.
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, Word, Outlook,
Project. PowerPoint, Visio, and Minitab experience a plus.
- Master's degree in material science, engineering, or related
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment of medical
or Healthcare products and familiarity with ISO-13485 and FDA CFR
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black belt Certification.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing.
The Freudenberg Group is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to diversity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are
available to all applicants and associates without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or
expression, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical
disability, genetic information, marital status, familial status,
sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Freudenberg Medical LLC
Keywords: Freudenberg Group, Santa Barbara , Silicone Injection Molding Process Engineer, Engineering , Carpinteria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!