Company: Teledyne FLIR LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Teledyne FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to
develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which
enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives Teledyne
FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue
people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate
safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and
want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Teledyne Flir Infrared Thermal Camera business unit is seeking a
highly motivated, experienced Firmware Electrical Engineer to work
on infrared camera FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) processor.
You will work with the video signal processing team to implement
new algorithms into the FPGA processor. You will also be
responsible to implementing new camera control features and support
for new high-speed infrared sensor interfaces. The candidate will
need be familiar with latest technology trend in microprocessor,
memory, FPGA, and interface protocols.
The candidate will be central to systems design and integration
working closely with systems engineers, mechanical engineers, video
signal processing engineers and software engineers. The position is
in beautiful Goleta, California.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in digital hardware design and
- Experience with microprocessor, FPGAs, high-speed interface,
DDR and flash memories, block diagrams, parts lists, and design
review packages for complex electronics
- Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic
analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, and FPGA
- Experience with FPGA design implementation/verification with
Verilog, VHDL design language
- Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as
effective written and excellent verbal communication skills
- A deep desire to learn and engage in complex system design that
connects imagination with reality
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Experience designing with Xilinx, Intel Altera, Lattice and
- Experience with writing embedded drivers for I2C, SPI, Display,
UART, USB and Bluetooth are also desired.
- Experience in image processing video pipeline of cameras.
- ISO 26262 Automotive Safety Compliance experience.
- Signal Processing experience
- ModelSim Experience
- Matlab/Simulink experience
Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer
Engineering with VHDL or Verilog design class work
Teledyne Flir is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal
permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply
for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S.
Departments of State or Commerce.
Teledyne FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting
business with the highest ethical standards. We require all
employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules
and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and
high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making
innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Teledyne FLIR LLC, Santa Barbara , Firmware Engineer, Engineering , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!