Photonic Test Development Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: August 3, 2022
This candidate will be responsible for the development of
validation tests for optical -components and Photonic Integrated
Circuits (PICs). The candidate will collaborate and influence test
methodologies, test strategies, design trade-offs for PICs and
devices. - -This position requires a background in optical
engineering, Silicon Photonic devices and an intimate knowledge of
optical and RF test instrumentation.
- Design and develop test methodologies for silicon photonics
components such as lasers, modulators, detectors, MUX/DeMUX and
other Photonic Integrated Circuit structures.
- Develop test automation and data analysis code for wafer
testers and other validation platforms as well as for advanced
device debug testing.
- Quantify measurement errors in test systems. -
- Perform analysis and generate test reports to provide feedback
to the engineering team for device design and process
- Document test procedures and train junior test engineers in
photonic component DVT, PIC testing and module testing.
- Collaborate with the design and mask layout teams, and develop
design for test rules for fast, automated optical, DC electrical
and RF testing.
- Work cross-functionally with PIC and silicon photonic device
engineers to debug design and test issues.
- The candidate must have a broad technical knowledge of silicon
photonics device design, performance characterization and
- Experience in optical engineering, fiber-waveguide coupling,
and design verification testing.
- RF characterization of photonic devices.
- Proven ability of programming in Matlab, Python or C++.
- Self-motivated and possessing strong analytical and problem
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or
related field with focus in Silicon Photonics device design and
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Experience with high-speed RF characterization tools and
methods such as S-parameter, BER and eye measurements.
- Knowledge of optical measurement instruments such as laser,
power meter, beam profiling, optical and electrical spectrum
analyzers, and laser noise measurements.
- Generating design for test concepts and implementation.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis of test data using tools like
Keywords: OpenLight, Santa Barbara , Photonic Test Development Engineer, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!