Project Engineer Lead
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Job Title: Project Engineer Lead
Job Code: IMS20222207-87328
Job Location: Goleta, CA (Santa Barbara county) / Hybrid
L3Harris has an opening in the project engineering organization
within the Seabed Systems (SBS) site located in Santa Barbara, CA.
This L3Harris site has been known as MariPro and has been in
business since the early 1960s first as part of General Motors then
SAIC, L3 and now part of L3Harris. SBS is a turnkey vertically
integrated supplier of long life (20+ years) deep ocean, undersea
cabled sensor and communication systems for the U.S. and foreign
Navies, commercial, academic, and scientific customers.
This role is recognized as an internal expert and thought leader in
area of expertise with broad experience across multiple job areas.
Works under consultative direction against annual goals to manage
large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the
organization. Communicates within and outside of the organization
to influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and
concepts. Develops or champions new systems, concepts, or
technologies. Recommends tactics and strategies that directly
impact the achievement of overall business or functional
- Responsible for the day-to-day tactical duties for assigned
- Oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of
ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by
the Program Manager and customer.
- Serves as single point-of-contact between engineering project
management and planning, engineering project team, and line
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets; manages
schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses engineering project issues and develops resolutions to
meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring engineering project progress
and for intervention and problem solving with engineering project
managers, line managers, and customers.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors
and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- May conduct performance/project analyses during phase-down to
benefit future/other engineering projects, missions, and
- Viewed as an expert and/or resource within the field by peers
in and outside the organization.
- 40% travel requirements.
- Requires mastery level knowledge within a specific technical
area, or multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced
education combined with experience.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years of prior relevant
- Or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Santa Barbara , Project Engineer Lead, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!