Project Engineer Lead
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Description:Job Title: Project Engineer LeadJob Code:
IMS20222207-87328Job Location: Goleta, CA (Santa Barbara county) /
HybridJob Description:L3Harris has an opening in the project
engineering organization within the Seabed Systems (SBS) site
located in Santa Barbara, CA. This L3Harris site has been known as
MariPro and has been in business since the early 1960s first as
part of General Motors then SAIC, L3 and now part of L3Harris. SBS
is a turnkey vertically integrated supplier of long life (20+
years) deep ocean, undersea cabled sensor and communication systems
for the U.S. and foreign Navies, commercial, academic, and
scientific customers.This role is recognized as an internal expert
and thought leader in area of expertise with broad experience
across multiple job areas. Works under consultative direction
against annual goals to manage large, complex project initiatives
of strategic importance to the organization. Communicates within
and outside of the organization to influence leadership to accept
new practices, approaches, and concepts. Develops or champions new
systems, concepts, or technologies. Recommends tactics and
strategies that directly impact the achievement of overall business
or functional results.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the day-to-day tactical duties for assigned
- Oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of
ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by
the Program Manager and customer.
- Serves as single point-of-contact between engineering project
management and planning, engineering project team, and line
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets; manages
schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses engineering project issues and develops resolutions to
meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring engineering project progress
and for intervention and problem solving with engineering project
managers, line managers, and customers.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors
and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- May conduct performance/project analyses during phase-down to
benefit future/other engineering projects, missions, and
- Viewed as an expert and/or resource within the field by peers
in and outside the organization.
- 40% travel requirements.Qualifications:
- Requires mastery level knowledge within a specific technical
area, or multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced
education combined with experience.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years of prior relevant
- Or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Santa Barbara , Project Engineer Lead, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!