Sr. Director of Engineering - Lighting
Company: Blue Signal Search
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Our client is a top manufacturer and distributor of
high-performance lighting products and solutions within commercial,
residential, and industrial industries. They are hiring a Sr.
Director of Engineering to support a national team in the design
and engineering of top-of-the-line products.
The Sr. Director of Engineering will support the team in all
aspects of products. They will ensure quality standards and execute
strategies to optimize products to better support customer needs.
The Sr. Director of Engineering will work in a fast-paced, agile
environment and stay on the edge of new technology and
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits (401K matching, health
insurance, gym reimbursement, etc.), profit sharing, and bonus
- Impressive and extensive history of innovation in lighting
- Privately held, highly successful company on unstoppable growth
- Work closely with experienced individuals who are passionate
about their innovative industry.
- Opportunity to learn and advance skills by collaborating in
lighting products from conceptualization to market launch.
- Robust portfolio of clients with the opportunity to work with
customers of all sizes.
- Relocation support available.
- Responsible for leadership in day-to-day operations of a
designated production team to include safety, quality,
efficiencies, and meeting customer expectations.
- Conduct production meetings with executives to ensure proper
understanding and buy-in of process changes/improvements.
- Develop future talent by coaching and mentoring direct
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize
productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to
ensure effective return on assets, quality, and safety.
- Build structure for continuous improvement program through team
management including cost reduction, workflow, scheduling, waste
reduction, and more.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to support quality,
performance, and production value initiatives.
- Manage capital budget and oversee machine maintenance efforts
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies in the industry and
deploy process improvement and technology adoption as needed to
- 10+ years of experience in product design, development, and
- Background in mechanical engineering.
- Previous experience in the lighting/electrical industry, with
knowledge of industry controls.
- Must have experience in leadership with the ability to inspire
excellence and lead with purpose.
- Ambitious work ethic with the desire to get others engaged in
the larger picture goal.
- Proven track record of success in driving and delivering
- Bachelor's degree or above in relevant field. Industry
certifications a plus.
- Strong skills in organization, problem solving, and
collaboration. Must be able to work with and lead teams in this
Keywords: Blue Signal Search, Santa Barbara , Sr. Director of Engineering - Lighting, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!