Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Position Summary:Under General direction of the Supply Chain
Manager, the Supplier Quality Engineer, is responsible for
coordinating processes directly relating to Supply Chain and
Materials Management policies and procedures regarding quality
assurance/control activities within supplier's facilities. Has the
responsibility for assisting suppliers with LEAN deployment to
continually eliminate WASTES in an effort to control Costs, improve
Quality and On-Time Delivery.How you will do it:
- Takes ownership of the quality aspects of the supply chain
- Manage the PDT ASL (Approved Supplier List) & SQPR (Supplier
Quality Performance Reporting) processes.
- Review PDT Purchase Orders for QA Clause and Flow down
- MRB Representative for PDT Supply Chain.
- Deploying the Policies and Procedures as directed by the Supply
- Deploying LEAN Principles to mitigate risks and drive
improvements with regards to Costs, Quality and On-Time
- Create, track and report key functional metrics KPI's as
directed by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Mentor and develop Suppliers responsible for products and
services to PDT.
- Liaises between suppliers and PDT Engineering during the Design
& Development process to facilitate Design for
- Liaises between suppliers and PDT Purchasing and Materials
Management during the Manufacturing to facilitate Continuous
- Assist the QA Department for incoming and outgoing inspection
operations when necessary.
- Audit suppliers and support resolution of quality issues in the
supply chainWhat we look for:
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or
Engineering Technology or related field from an accredited college
or university (preferred); or a combination of education, training
and experience sufficient to demonstrate the ability to
satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
- 3-5 years work experience relating to supplier quality /
development manufacturing in a make-to-order or make to stock
environment is preferred.
- Experience in driving quality improvement in the supply chain
and supporting processes
- ASQ (CQE and/or CQA) certifications (or equivalent)
- LEAN Certification preferred.
- Manufacturing experience in Aerospace, Commercial and Defense
Industries is preferred
- Familiarity with mechanical and electro-mechanical
production/assembly processes and timelines.
- Precision Machining and Manufacturing Processes
- Knowledge of Engineering Practices, incl. GD&T
- Welding and soldering operations and associated
- Use of appropriate statistical tools (e.g., sampling, SPC,
etc.) and associated analyses.
- Various quality management system requirements (including
- Quality assurance inspection and test procedures.
- Basic engineering theory/practices, drawings and terminology
(including GD&T applications).
- Basic manufacturing processes and associated equipment (e.g.,
turning, milling, deburring, etc.).
- Standard office practices and procedures, communication skills
and associated standard software applications to prepare
spreadsheets, reports, statistical data and correspondence.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles - Identifying and
eliminating waste from business processes, bringing improvements in
quality, cost and delivery.
- Experienced with providing guidance on methods of
- Internal & External Auditing per PDT Quality Survey and/or
AS9101 requirements.What's in it for you:
- Relocation Assistance and Sign on Bonus
- 9/80 Work Schedule
- Competitive Compensation & Holiday Pay
- Great Health Benefits, and 401(k) plans
- Paid Time Off per year depending on level
- Less red tape - we have an environment that supports the
- Fun & challenging culture while still providing work/life
balance for our employees
- Fast growth opportunities and quicker career development for
the right candidate
- Mentors to help you grow both personally and
Keywords: AMETEK, Santa Barbara , Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!