Senior Manufacturing Engineer I - 2nd Shift
Company: Raytheon Intelligence & Space
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Description:Responsible for the oversite and assembly of
Focal Plane Modules from implementation of design to shipment.
Provide engineering support for the manufacturing factory,
interpret engineering drawings and specifications into build plans,
create schedules and oversee nonrecurring and recurring tasks to
support program builds. Create and maintain Bill of Materials,
generate planning documents, manage process and tooling activities,
review, and disposition discrepant material, manage budgets,
interface with manufacturing personnel, lead problem solving
efforts and corrective actions.Position is for 2nd shift
support.Additional responsibilities include:Disposition
non-conforming material with root cause and corrective action
analysis as required. Perform operator training, as required.
Perform and support First Article Inspections assuring hardware
meets all quality requirements flowed down from the program.
Conduct process audits to assure compliance. Create and update work
instructions for use by manufacturing operations. Participate in
the design of fixtures and tooling. Engage with factory area leads
to address systemic issues and provide root cause/corrective
action/preventive action to reduce scrap and rework.Required
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience
- Must be self-motivated and possess good written communication
skills, especially in documenting processes for assembly.
- Must be customer focused.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and assembly of mechanical
and electronic assemblies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and work as part of an
Integrated Product Team.
- Able to relay concepts for tooling design, and design for
manufacturability to design functions.
- Knowledge of creating bill of materials, assembly planning and
- Computer literate in common applications: Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to
- Must be adaptable and willing to work varying assignments.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task in a production environment.Desired Skills:
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power
- Working knowledge of military and commercial manufacturing
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Six Sigma, and
- Experience in implementing Statistical Process Control and
Design of Experiments to solve design and manufacturing related
- Strong budgeting and presentation skills.Required Education
(Bachelors in STEM):Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology,
Engineering or Math
Requires advanced knowledge of work area typically obtained through
advanced education combined with experience. May have practical
knowledge of projectmanagement. Practical to substantial knowledge
of RTX projects, programs or systems with the ability to make
enhancements and leverage in daily work.Typically requires:A
University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years
prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field
and minimum 3 years experienceEngineering/Other Technical
Positions:Typically requires a degree in Science,Technology,
Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior
relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.*
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently
within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral
Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL
eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral
Awarding.*Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Keywords: Raytheon Intelligence & Space, Santa Barbara , Senior Manufacturing Engineer I - 2nd Shift, Engineering , Goleta, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!