Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: October 14, 2020
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for
our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other.
As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all
styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while
fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered
to do to the best work of their lives.
Sonos has mountains of data, but that data is only useful if it is
collected, stored and presented accurately. As a Test Engineer on
our Enterprise Supply Chain Systems & Data Team, you will be
responsible for performing data analysis, discovering data
anomalies, generating test data, and implementing data quality
improvements while participating in an Agile environment. You will
be working closely with end users, ETL developers, Data Architects,
Report Developers and functional teams.
In addition to being an accomplished tester, the perfect candidate
will also be an excellent teacher, and will help the entire team
test better. You will be responsible for communicating risks,
helping your fellow developers find inconsistencies in the code,
and ultimately insure our commitments are delivered completely.
What You'll Do
- Support the design and development of a test data strategy to
perform environment, data quality, and system integration
validation; including database/backend testing and ETL.
- Help define the high level testing strategy for Sonos' Data
Team (goals, documentation, definition of success, coverage
- Contribute to the creation of a scalable automation framework
that exercises all appropriate parts of the data chain with a focus
on configurability, low complexity, and test case reuse.
- Define and document testing best practices for the team. Mentor
team members on software testing techniques and technology. Perform
peer test plan reviews.
- Demonstrate flexibility as needed. Participate in manual
testing, firefighting, and troubleshooting when required.
What You'll need
- Ideal candidate should have 2+ years of QA testing experience
with strong SQL development background, including hands-on
experience in ETL testing and validation of a Data Warehouse
containing multiple data sources.
- Proficient in designing SQL to validate ETL.
- Experience in writing complex SQL scripts for data validation
and python scripts for creating test automation.
- Experience in writing test cases in a test driven development
environment, particularly in python.
- Demonstrated experience in test data preparation.
- Develop ETL test scripts based on technical specifications/Data
design documents and source to target mappings.
- Validating target tables with record counts, duplicate data,
reconcile counts with source and data type.
- Understanding of REST based API testing and JSON
- Experience testing distributed systems
- Experience with ETL tools. Knowledge in SSIS is preferred.
- Working in finance,sales and manufacturing data.
- Demonstrated experience with understanding the business
requirements and test cases to generate large volumes of test data
to support the requirements and test case.
- Passion and ability for solving intractable problems. Superior
critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment.
Keywords: Sonos, Santa Barbara , QA Engineer, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!