Sr Engineer- Image Processing
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Sr. Engineer - Image Processing
BS in Engineering
7 yrs as a senior level engineer
Familiarity with CMOS Image sensing technology
Familiarity with modern display technology
Do you have demonstrable experience with reducing conceptual
designs to practice?
Main Objective:----Responsible for full life cycle image processing
software and firmware development for Class I and Class II medical
devices. Responsibilities include image processing architectural
design, requirements management, feasibility analysis and
simulation, prototyping, design assurance testing, development
through production release, and product maintenance. Recognized by
as a technical expert and a key technical leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize, plan and groom user needs & requirements in support
of delivering image processing features and capabilities.
- Propose, architect, and, deliver image processing solutions
that meet internal and external customer expectations.--
- Collaborate with Software, Firmware and Electrical Engineering
teams to define interfaces and acceptance criteria that meet
overall product integration requirements.
- Determine operational feasibility and propose
Hardware/Software/GPU solutions by evaluating analysis, performing
simulation and modeling.
- Create or leverage existing image processing development
environments & libraries for feasibility studies, prototypes, and,
- Excellent debugging skills, utilizing scalable approaches such
as unit testing, integration testing, and system level testing
to--ensure compliance to company's QMS and global standards and
- Provide analysis and support in meeting key system image
quality performance metrics.
- Provide guidance and supervision in test fixture, test method
and test procedure development.
- Responsible to comply with SOP's in compliance with relevant
- Maintain awareness of competitive products, industry trends in
technology, tools and practices and recommends applications in the
- Contribute to efficient and effective program
- Ensure alignment of internal and external customers.
- 10-15% travel (domestic and international) may be required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or
- Experience in digital image & signal processing techniques:
Analytics, Neural Networks/Machine Image and video signal
processing, Computer vision, optical system modeling, pattern
recognition, computational photography required.
- Familiarity with CMOS image sensing technology
- Familiarity with modern display technology required.
- General knowledge of low noise sensor electronics design and
high speed digital design preferred.
- Understanding of Software and FPGA design, development tools
and environments--(FPGA-based, Open CV, CUDA, Tensor--Flow, Caffe,
- Understanding of typical computer vision, camera system or
advanced video processing environments required.
- Familiarity with endoscopic camera systems preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in reducing conceptual designs to
- Agility in problem solving and troubleshooting and exceptional
self-management skills required.
- Strong project management and communication skills
Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to
established precedents and policies.
Work is performed under general direction.-- Participates in
determining objectives of assignment.
Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing
Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting
- Knowledgeable of FDA and ISO guidelines for the development of
medical devices required.
- Project management and communication skills training
- Knowledgeable of medical device product development lifecycle
from concept through production release.
- Ability to support complex, cross functional teams
- Contributes to strategic discussion that addresses both
business and technical risks
- Technical knowledge in development methodologies, design, and
- Knowledgeable of application of image processing engineering to
the medical device industry.--
7 Years with BS or MS Degree in Engineering required (Electrical,
Computer, or Computer Science preferred)
or equivalent work experience
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Santa Barbara , Sr Engineer- Image Processing, Engineering , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!