Technical Marketing Engineer
Company: Bruker Corporation
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: December 9, 2018
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
The Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) is a technologist who works as a part of the product marketing team. The TME will work with a cross-functional team to ensure that the products that we bring to market are successful in a wide variety of customer engagements. The TME must be a technical expert. The TME must have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiators of a product and also work with the Product Management teams to continually improve the products.
- Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with Technical RFPs/specials and work with a cross-functional team of PMs, SEs, Engineers as required.
- Strengthen customer relationship, execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize opportunities.
- Set account strategy and lead cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of business and engineering executions with account strategy.
- Train Sales Force plus distributors as how to sell, specify and suitably apply marketing products.
- Prepare, maintain and update documents and sales tools for using product presentations along with technical training seminars.
- Developing trust relationships with major clients to ensure they do not turn to competition
- Identify and interact with customers both pre- and post- sale and provide technical support as needed (CRM)
- Expanding the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Drive customer satisfaction by responding to issues and escalations in a timely manner. Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
- Responsible for managing current business and relationships as well as developing plans and strategies for sales growth. Specific responsibilities include:
- Support product launch activities and assist with Tradeshows, Conferences and Technical Sales Training or Channel Partner Training activities.
- Drive product roadmap based on strategic direction and key customer needs and requirements
- Identify needs and requirements to promote our company's solutions and achieve mutual satisfaction.
- Collect and maintain competitive information to present complete market evaluation for specific products.
- Participate to develop and introduce new products' process.
The candidate will have a tactical supporting role for all of Bruker's AAFM product lines. This includes management of the specials process, price list management, VC configuration and feature descriptions, margin analysis process, ECO reviews, win/loss reports, generation of DERs and assistance for forecasting exercises.
The ideal candidate will be an aspiring Product Manager, have proven experience with marketing and/or applications functions in an instrumentation or equipment company, preferably with a background in mechanical testing.
Strong effective communication with differing functional groups and management will be key elements to success in this role.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in product management, technical product support, marketing or applications engineering of instrumentation systems preferably in surface metrology.
- A minimum BS degree in engineering or science. MBA preferred.
- Strong communication skills, self starter and able to set and accomplish tasks in a timely fashion
- Able to travel up to 50%
- Must be based in Santa Barabara, CA
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, Santa Barbara , Technical Marketing Engineer, Advertising , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!