Administrative Assistant - Manufacturing
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Our more than 12,000 associates globally are passionate about
setting science in motion to create a better world. By choosing a
career with Avantor, a Fortune 500 company, you will make
breakthroughs, make a difference-and make your mark. You will work
closely with dedicated people who share your enthusiasm for
innovation, excellence and achievement. Whether you want to help
customers advance science or solve complex problems, Avantor is
where you belong.
Consider a career with us at one of our offices, manufacturing and
distribution facilities or innovation centers, or as part of our
laboratory and clinical services teams working onsite at customer
Location: Carpinteria, CA
Under increasingly limited supervision, the Administrative
Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative functions
related to the production, receiving, shipping and inventory of
specialty silicone products. Ensures timeliness and accuracy in
applicable tasks. Lends clerical, data entry and record keeping
support to the department by performing the duties listed
* Creates and maintains established record keeping systems using
paper forms and computerized programs.
* Assists with and/or maintains materials labeling program and
company inventory systems.
* Assists with and/or maintains company production scheduling
* Interfaces with other departments to achieve production goals and
product shipment requirements.
* Works closely with the MRP and QA groups to coordinate
manufacturing and testing of materials.
* May maintain control of area inventory by overseeing cycle
counting, verifying accuracy of inventory and correcting
* May perform order entry data tasks for both receiving data entry
tasks and shipping data entry tasks.
* Responsible for maintaining quality within the scope of the job
* Ensures that all manufacturing and packaging paperwork is
* May research documentation within company quality system
* Responsible for reviewing process reproducibility trends of
applicable products and applying that knowledge to improve
processes and or products.
* Responsible for problem definition, measurement, analysis,
improvement and control of processes, products and equipment.
* May assist with technical writing and Document Control Requests
* Works on special projects and/or spreadsheets as required.
* Supports department Administrator & Manager as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall
objective of the position.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* For safety, the use of contact lenses for any reason, cosmetic or
corrective, is prohibited on the production floor, in the lab
areas, in the engineering shop, or while working on equipment.
* The company will provide prescription safety glasses with a
current (under 12 months) vision corrective prescription provided
by the employee.
* Clerical, typing and use of computer keyboard and 10-key or
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
and talk and hear.
* The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach
with hands and arms.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential function.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some
time may be spent in a non-climate controlled, manufacturing
* Employees are provided with information about workplace safety
and health issues and receive periodic safety training. The
training covers potential safety and health hazards.
* All employees are expected to maintain a safe work environment,
obey safety rules and exercise caution in all work activities.
* One year certificate from college or technical school; or one to
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge of process production activities in a chemical or
mechanical manufacturing environment preferred.
* Computer literate (MS WORD/EXCEL).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on
and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Keywords: Avantor, Santa Barbara , Administrative Assistant - Manufacturing, Administration, Clerical , Carpinteria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!