Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Hi, We're AppFolio
We're innovators, change-makers, and collaborators. We're more than
just a software company - we're a cloud-based powerhouse that
creates products to make our customers' lives easier. We're
revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas,
your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on
What you'll do
The Compensation Partner will make big contributions to the
development and administration of AppFolio's Rewards programs.
Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards, this position will design
and administer compensation program. This role also contributes to
the development of our evolving Total Rewards strategy.
- Lead the implementation and administration of our compensation
programs / processes, including: annually analyzing our ranges to
keep us competitive, and managing job evaluations and
- Working hand in hand with our HRBP and Talent Acquisition
teams, act as a valued and trusted partner in providing market
analysis, information and pay recommendations consistent with our
practices and compensation frameworks.
- Act as the primary contact to our Finance and Accounting teams.
Partner to continuously improve our processes, programs and systems
and tackle cross-functional issues as they arise. Provide input to
the budgeting process.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and communication of
other Total Rewards programs. Assist with the development of
benefits and systems strategies, including roadmaps to get us
- Contribute to developing and improving metrics. Dig into trends
and tell stories that lead to actionable insights. Develop ad hoc
reporting as requested.
- Do the heavy lifting for the compensation surveys we
participate in. Analyze results of the surveys and develop specific
- Be the "go to" person and escalation point for our Total
Rewards Specialist, in order to contribute to their professional
growth and development.
- Act as a point of contact for vendors and service providers.
Manage relationships as needed.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of our Request For
Proposals (RFP) to scan the market, inform decisions and ensure all
our needs are met.
What we're looking for
- Deep experience with annual compensation cycles, providing
expert guidance on the design, development and administration of
programs, communications, tools/systems to support them and
measuring their effectiveness.
- Experience working within a generalist / specialist or center
of excellence (COE) environment, including delivering products and
support to HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition.
- Advanced proficiency in compensation regulations, market
trends, and program design, as well as legislation that may affect
policies/practices, including FLSA and other applicable Department
of Labor (DOL) and/or tax laws and regulations. Experience with SOX
is a plus.
- Project management and organizational skills with a
demonstrated ability to navigate in a fast-paced &
performance-oriented environment, and a proven track record leading
successful compensation and benefits initiatives and projects.
- Understanding of the Finance & Accounting functions, and have
worked to develop budget projections/inputs.
- Advanced Excel user and proficiency in using the GSuite and MS
suite of products, such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact and poise in
handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide
variety of projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
skills, including creating company-wide comms and
- Very strong organizational skills, attention to detail and
analytical reasoning required.
- 8+ years progressive experience working in corporate HR
compensation. Experience with sales incentive compensation and
plans a plus. Tech industry and/or international experience
- Must be proficient in Human Resource Information Systems,
including job and compensation functions. Experience with Applicant
Tracking Systems (ATS) is a plus. Working knowledge of Payroll
and/or Finance systems desired.
- Bachelor's degree required. Certified Compensation Professional
(CCP) designation preferred.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to
revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great
software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps
our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their
businesses. Today our software solutions exist in two verticals
including the real estate (AppFolio Property Manager, AppFolio
Property Manager PLUS, and AppFolio Investment Manager) and legal
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out
Keywords: AppFolio, Santa Barbara , Compensation Partner, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!