Director Of Finance
Company: Mar Monte Hotel - In the Unbound Collection by Hya
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Mar Monte Hotel - UnBound Collection by Hyatt it is our mission
to provide a creative approach to hospitality, creating
unforgettable experiences fueled by culture for our guests and
community - our guests will always leave feeling inspired.
The "Cal-Med" concept marries access to the world-class product
here in California with inspiration from coastal Italian cuisine.
Lighter, cleaner, fare with no shortage of flavor or substance, are
the perfect embodiment of the SoCal lifestyle.
We bring the Santa Barbara experience to life by embracing and
empowering our diverse team, partners, and guests both visiting and
locals alike. The Associate experience is the heartbeat of the Mar
Monte experience and embodies our true brand promise.
Boundless Curiosity : Life is richer with moments we don't expect.
Our team is equally as curious about guests, and provide
thoughtful, individualized service.
Place of Belonging : The warm Southern California hospitality
leaves guests feeling pampered and celebrated.
Effortless Flow: Similar to the nature around you, each space is
designed for the senses and our service will bring that to
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel,
safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in
accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI
Hotels and Resorts Standards.
Executive Committee Responsibilities
- Ability to perform special financial analysis as needed and /or
requested by General Manager and Corporate Office.
- Practical solutions from a cost vs. benefits viewpoint. Provide
accurate policy interpretations.
- Actively participate in Executive Committee and staff
- Assist other managers in analyzing statements, distributions, and
other financial data.
- Support and comply with property standards and Corporate
Financial and Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
- Skill in correcting deficiencies identified on Internal Audit
- Effective use of the Controller's Checklist.
- Maintain effective cash control system with audits and reports
for each period.
- Review security over assets and auditing inventories.
- Understanding of all pertinent leases, contracts, agreements,
covenants, and restrictions.
- Knowledge of City, County, State sales tax laws and laws dealing
with innkeepers, liquor, and labor.
- Schedule and coordinate the preparation and presentation of the
annual operating budget.
- Coordinate all aspects of the capital expenditures budget
according to SOP.
Capital Expenditure Control
- Control the Capital Expenditure program and complete ROI
- Complete entries required for preparation of the financial
statements. Review statements for inaccurate data and make
corrections within the following period.
- Inform the General Manager and HEI Corporate management of
current and potential financial problems.
- Keep management informed of sales and profit attainment
throughout the period.
- Coordinate the property's labor management system.
- Maintain appropriate standards for 60-90 day accounts. Conform to
standards regarding the average collection period.
- Documenting the local credit policy and auditing property
- Approve all major accounts for credit as defined by local
- Conduct credit and write-off meetings as requested.
- Submit accurate and timely critiques and credit loss reports as
- Review all major banquet functions and group accounts for proper
credit extensions prior to arrival.
- Maintain standard regarding level of bad debt expenses as related
to credit sales.
- Aggressively fulfill the accounts receivable management
responsibilities to maximize receivable realizations.
Responses to Corporate Staff
- Complete financial required reports and requests from HEI
Corporate offices. Establish other reports or documents, outside of
SOP's as needed.
Balances in Asset and Liability Accounts
- Reconcile account balances on a current basis.
- Establish balances in accruals, pre-paid, and other accounts
using proper accrual methods and expense realization logic.
- Calculate various turn ratios and days available for major asset
categories and compare to standards (linen, gift shop, food,
beverages, guest supplies, and uniforms).
- Work with Department Managers to control inventory balances
according to established realistic pars.
- Comply with company procedures on deferring payments.
Management of Department
- Maintain and update job descriptions and standards for
- Ability to comply with corporate and local policies for wages
paid (increases and timing).
- Establish an effective cross training program within the
- Identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
Mar Monte Hotel is your gateway to the American Riviera. Just
minutes from Santa Barbara's downtown, the hotel is located on
Cabrillo Boulevard, across from East Beach and the Pacific Ocean.
Across the road from East Beach along the Pacific Ocean, this
polished hotel with a 1930s Spanish Colonial vibe is 1 mile from
Stearns Wharf and 3 miles from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.Our
employees enjoy hotel and F&B discounts throughout the world of
Hyatt and HEI, various Bonus/Incentive and Recognition Programs,
plus - working alongside beautiful, ocean front views. Apply today
to join our team!We value U.S. military experience and invite all
qualified military candidates to apply.
Keywords: Mar Monte Hotel - In the Unbound Collection by Hya, Santa Barbara , Director Of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!