Company: Mar Monte Hotel, the Unbound Collection
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Assist Controller in directing the financial activities of the
hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports
in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI
Hotels and Resorts Standards.
* Sort and verify accuracy of Night Audit work (primarily
receivables aspect), i.e. including reconciliation of banquet check
extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and
promotion checks with back-up. Record department administration
phone calls and inform Controller of any potential concern.
* Post city ledger payments in property management system,
reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up
billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller
of any potential uncollectible accounts.
* Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and
inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards
(AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all
* Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit
* Assist in reconciling open account status items.
* Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
* File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and
credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks
accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger
* Verify that purchasing procedures are followed, i.e.: purchase
order price compared to invoice price, purchase order quantity
compared to invoice quantity, ensure that the purchase order number
is valid. Maintain an accurate, up to date Purchase Order Log.
* Route invoices with purchase order attached to department heads
and Executive Committee members for approval. Ensure account coding
is accurate and all invoices are being returned on a timely
* Process all approved invoices for payment, ensure all appropriate
signatures and back-up attached.
* Pay all hotel invoices in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of
amount paid, account coding, invoice extension and that all
discounts are taken.
* Handle all vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements.
* Maintain open invoices file, paid invoices file and voided check
file in an organized and up-to-date manner.
* Interface checks and submit a log of all manual checks to the
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred.
* Accounting and Hotel experience preferred.
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to compile facts and figures.
* Ability to operate personal computer and calculator.
* Proficiency w/Exel required
* Proficiency w/all MicroSoft Applications
* Experience w/ORACLE and Opera preferred
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Mar Monte Hotel, the Unbound Collection, Santa Barbara , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!