Company: Acme Hospitality
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: March 15, 2020
STAFF ACCOUNTANT FOR ACME HOSPITALITY
Acme Hospitality is growing and looking for an experienced
Accountant to join our team. Our portfolio boasts Santa Barbara's
favorite restaurants such as The Lark, Loquita, Lucky Penny, Tyger
Tyger, Helena Avenue Bakery, and more unique concepts. Now is an
exciting time to join our company and a world-class team of
hospitality professionals. Our culture goes above and beyond,
winning Large Business of the Year in 2018 by the Santa Barbara
Regional Business Awards. If you are a professional Accounting
Associate looking for your next career opportunity, now is the time
POSITION SUMMARY:This position will oversee all financial and
accounting functions of the assigned units. Responsible for budget
creation, financial analysis, payroll forecasting, accounts
payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting of the unit's
The Overall role of Staff Accountant Position:
- Maintain accuracy and data integrity from POS system.
- Maintain the approval process and accuracy of bill pay
- Always maintain a positive and respectful work
- Provide leadership and support to accounts payable, accounts
receivable and payroll departments.
- Maintain a positive relationship and establish open lines of
communication between all store level management and the accounting
- Maintain cleanliness, safety, and organization of the
accounting office area.
- Follow all ACME Group management systems and policies.
- Comply with all applicable laws and guidelines with respect to
federal, state and local agencies.
Specific Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Monitor the financial performance of the company. Prepare
weekly cash flow reports, Weekly Operations Reports (C-tuit);
Weekly Sales Variance Report for VP of Operations to review.
- Prepare monthly financial statements including balance sheet,
income statement and statement of cash flows for designated units
for review by VP of Operations from lntacct Accounting Software.
Statements should be prepared no later than 10 days from the close
of the period and have no material changes needed after
- Import and record POS activity from C-tuit to lntacct
Accounting Program on a daily basis for assigned units.
- Record miscellaneous deposits and/or manual checks on a weekly
basis into lntacct Accounting Program for assigned units.
- Import and record from Bill.com all bills that management has
approved on a weekly basis to lntacct Accounting Program for
- Record all credit card bills and statements, coded for GL
activity to the lntacct Accounting program and reconcile on a
monthly basis for assigned units.
- Release bills by due date weekly for assigned units.
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly for assigned units.
- Review for reasonableness and record inventory into lntacct
Accounting Program-for assigned units.
- Calculate Event Commissions for assigned entities
- Download merchant statements for assigned units.
- Reconcile Third Party Activity for assigned units.
- Establish payroll export file from Alpha to lntacct Accounting
Program- export following each payroll for assigned units.
- Monitor 0/5 and resolve at store level for assigned units.
- Set up in lntacct and maintain the following expense account GL
accruals for assigned units:
- General Liability Insurance Management Fee's Marketing Fee's -
if applicable, Payroll Taxes
- Rent Utilities
- Property Taxes Management Bonuses
- Record depreciation and maintain depreciation schedules for
- Prepare and pay monthly prepayments and quarterly returns for
Sales Tax for assigned units.
- Coordinate information transfer to CPA for tax preparation for
Systems Needed:Ctuit, Focus POS, Bill.com, lntacct, Paylocity,
Gratuity Solutions, Sales Tax Log Ins, Misc. Filing Log Ins
Qualifications for this Position
- Minimum 10 years of accounting experience in a senior
accounting or financial management role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team,
store-level management, and ownership.
- Praise in public, coach behind closed doors, give constructive
feedback when appropriate
- Constantly develop staff in accounting controls knowledge
- Develop and maintain strong work relationships with all
Keywords: Acme Hospitality, Santa Barbara , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!