Associate Underwriting Analyst
Location: Santa Barbara
Posted on: January 11, 2020
PayJunction is looking for a proactive, analytical individual who
wants to launch their career as an associate underwriting analyst.
As an associate underwriting analyst at PayJunction, your primary
responsibility will be to evaluate incoming financial documents
from merchants who are applying to use our payment processing
product. You will analyze risks associated with extending credit to
the merchant, and you will calculate premiums on the basis of
merchants' financial and background information. The associate
underwriting analyst also maintains existing accounts and ensures
our merchants can process payments with ease by providing technical
support via telephone.
PayJunction will provide you with extensive training to become an
expert in our industry and services. Experience in the financial
services, payment processing or computer software industries is not
required; however, critical thinking skills to accurately identify
risk scenarios are a must. If you are a detailed person who enjoys
thoroughly analyzing financial statements and using that data to
tell a story, apply for our associate underwriting analyst position
This is a full-time, in-house position in our Santa Barbara
- Determine credit worthiness by analyzing:
- Bank statements
- Balance sheets
- Profit and loss statements
- Cash flow
- Tax statements
- Prior merchant processing statements & ROIs
- Screen accounts against security fraud checklist.
- Work alongside partner banking institutions to review account
- Escalate high risk exceptions to executive board.
- Field inbound technical support calls.
- Provide assistance with account maintenance including adjusting
limits and checking accounts.
- Report regular status updates to the account executives,
project team leads and regional managers.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required - field of study in accounting,
economics or finance preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google sheets
- Understanding of balance sheets, profit & loss statements, and
- QuickBooks knowledge is a bonus
- Must have an analytical mind and critical approach to problem
- Must be cautious and risk-aware
About PayJunctionFounded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates without a
single dollar of outside investment, PayJunction has gone from
bootstrapped to billions in processing. Initially profiting only
pennies on every dollar, PayJunction, with a team of over 3,000
nationwide, now transacts over $3 billion dollars annually for tens
of thousands of clients.
As the leading developer of paperless payment software, PayJunction
has eliminated the need to file away paper receipts, ultimately
increasing productivity and reducing cost for small and medium
sized businesses, but more importantly, reducing the carbon
footprint of an entire industry. PayJunction takes pride in its
design and engineering. We think computer science is an art; it
just happens to be the brush we use to paint our product with
innovation and effectiveness.
Our brand was built with a long-term vision, our goal is to be a
generational tech company, and integrity is the foundation of our
success. PayJunction values long-term relationships over short-term
profit. The owners still head day-to-day operations for the
company, and are as dedicated to fostering the culture as they are
to developing the product. PayJunction is a place where you can
find experienced mentors that are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term disability
- 9 paid company holidays
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Generous paid sick and vacation time
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Large corporate HQ in downtown Santa Barbara, California
- Catered Friday lunches and stocked kitchen
- Free onsite fitness classes
- Comfortable work space with Herman Miller chair and multiple
- Dog-friendly office
- Kombucha on tap
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired by our team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective
clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands
to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and
requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and
supplies up to 20 pounds.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification
document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct
background and/or credit checks on potential employees where
applicable and in accordance with state and federal laws.
Keywords: PayJunction, Santa Barbara , Associate Underwriting Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Santa Barbara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!